Depression NAP And Vibration

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Magick42
Philosophus

Re: Depression NAP And Vibration

Post#11 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Grounding is very necessary to bring yourself "down" after each ritual, otherwise, depression and all other kinds of mental issues could arrive. We are dealing with spirits with a higher frequency than what we normally operate in.

Great post Brother B, as usual....
Demons I can understand. People are crazy.

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Post#12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 am

In my opinion, this depression is not something related to lack of grounding.

Due to my previous experience with shamanism, i think that this could be caused by working in the city and not in nature:
when one does a ritual, he opens himself to the spirits who naturally live in that particular environment.
In urban places, depression spirits are very common.
On the contrary, practicing in nature is very beneficial and you will never experience depression spirits simply because they cannot live there!
Maybe, I'll try in the future adding some banish rituals, but it's strange that GGC didn't instruct on doing so.

I'm just wondering how could Arzel give permission to such entities to interfere with the practitioner! :thinking

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:27 am

In my opinion, people suffering depression should not do magick.

Especially evocation - evocation can result in obsession and it often it is a test of one's strengths of mind, body, and wits to convince, compel, or coerce a spirit to do things for you. It makes about as much sense as fighting a boxing match after drinking a bottle of nyquil. Always make sure you are up for the fight before you step in the ring...

A person in a state of depression is under the exact kind of influences a spirit can assault you with if it resists you. It can easily worsen the depression or do much worse. Worst of all would be the person would start associating the spirit with relief from their depression - and then essentially the spirit can become "addictive."
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Post#14 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 pm

raum215 wrote:In my opinion, people suffering depression should not do magick.

Especially evocation - evocation can result in obsession and it often it is a test of one's strengths of mind, body, and wits to convince, compel, or coerce a spirit to do things for you. It makes about as much sense as fighting a boxing match after drinking a bottle of nyquil. Always make sure you are up for the fight before you step in the ring...

A person in a state of depression is under the exact kind of influences a spirit can assault you with if it resists you. It can easily worsen the depression or do much worse. Worst of all would be the person would start associating the spirit with relief from their depression - and then essentially the spirit can become "addictive."

Interesting :)

In my case, I've never suffered any form of depression. This is associated precisely with this NAP ritual.
Actually, I stopped for a day and I have immediate relief.

Do you think that this could be a test from the spirits?

Thinner
Neophyte

Post#15 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

I think there are times in any intense spiritual practice when one can feel 'lost'? This could almost be viewed as a test - not a test by any spirit/god in particular but perhaps an indication that one is progressing?

The best description I heard was 'The Dark Night of the Soul', a feeling of hopelessness that one has to pass through on the way forwards.
Few issues can be brought to psychotherapy that better straddle the worlds of spiritual teachings and psychology than the dark night of the soul. This experience heralds the breakdown of the mythology of “me” and thus initiates an intense, comprehensive and life-changing spiritual crisis like no other. Given that therapy is the most common place people reach for help in darkness, it is vital that psychotherapists have information about this unique passage in order to treat, refer or offer resources to those who experience this phenomenon.

This example from http://undividedjournal.com/2012/05/31/dark-night-the-breakdown-of-the-mythology-of-me/ (see pdf link)
The Dark Night... was originally coined by St John.

NAP is so easy to get into but it is a bit light on on what happens if things go wrong, and I suppose that most practitioners tend to operate in isolation, also not good for discussing problems. Just my thoughts

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#16 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 am

Frater Chika Chika wrote:
raum215 wrote:In my opinion, people suffering depression should not do magick.

Interesting :)

In my case, I've never suffered any form of depression. This is associated precisely with this NAP ritual.
Actually, I stopped for a day and I have immediate relief.

Do you think that this could be a test from the spirits?

Never had any problems with Arzel, Elubatel on the other hand......well...Ive experienced depression in many forms. Everything goes chaotic....energy shooting from every angle upside down...right,left,east,south etc... good and bad. Very fast moving at one time. Your mind when invoking/evoking Elubatel should be very sound and stable, specific. I wouldnt invoke Elubatel on a daily basis...Do rituals 3 days then stop.

Normally when I invoke Elubatel I get some kind of a result instantly.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Post#17 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 am

summerland wrote:Never had any problems with Arzel, Elubatel on the other hand......well...Ive experienced depression in many forms. Everything goes chaotic....energy shooting from every angle upside down...right,left,east,south etc... good and bad. Very fast moving at one time. Your mind when invoking/evoking Elubatel should be very sound and stable, specific. I wouldnt invoke Elubatel on a daily basis...Do rituals 3 days then stop.

Normally when I invoke Elubatel I get some kind of a result instantly.

Another theory that popped in my mind a few days ago is that since the rituals make use of the magical power of the operator, when one is exhausted and need rest, depression is a symptom for that.
Just an idea...

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Post#18 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:25 am

Ok. After a pause with NAP, I tried it again yesterday to see if depression was just a symptom of overdoing.
It's not.

Normally, I don't suffer any depression nor psycho-probs at all. My mind is fine.

BUT, when I practice this NAP thing (no matter which invocation), I get an horrible depression.
Just the basic: NAP ritual + invocation = depression + 10/20% of what I asked.
Now, it's enough to do the ritual once to have the depression feelings.

I also tried to add some catholic elements (sign of the cross + prayer), but this didn't solve the matter.

Hence, my conclusion is that NAP works really bad with me and I don't recommend it to anyone.

RAis
Zelator

Post#19 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:28 pm

I can relate here. This is when I broke from certain things and decided to be open minded. And found that 70 magic.
The infomercial - or what it is called - yep looked passed it: did the NAP stuff and behold: there where results.

But not as the text would have you belive. Still there where results.

As for Elubatel the angel...dangerous one in my experince. Frankly I think that GGC had no idea of what he was calling over him self.

My experiance was - overall with NAP - a disaster. Just avoid this trap and focus on your own powers and the cultivations of them.

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Post#20 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:54 am

:goodpost