Anyone with experience in Bardon-style Evocation?

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
Gromvol
Adeptus Major

Anyone with experience in Bardon-style Evocation?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 am

I'm at a point where I need to start doing Bardonian evocations, but I still can't figure out exactly what I need from a practical stand-point to execute a decent ritual. I studied Bardon's Evocation book. Great info, but too much for me to prioritize without having experienced a "standard" (I suspect that this is rather poor wording on my part, don't mean to offend anyone) ritual evocation.

Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to use the mirror my first time or can I call directly (I have adequate experience communicating with spirits directly and naturally, i.e. without ritual, without channeling, etc., and without any mnemonic devices)?
2. What is a "comfortable" intelligence to call from Bardon's list?
3. What kind of gear do I need? I have my ritual robes and a ritual sword; what else do I need for an evocation?
4. Are there any formalities to be observed? In my natural communications, I never need to do anything more than I would if I called on another person, but I've never done an "official" ritual evocation.

I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to mnemonic rituals, but I'm quite comfortable in and with the spirit world. I came very close to death several times before I was out of my teens. Close enough to kiss it. So I've established a close personal relationship, so to speak.

I read the wonderful post "Simple Method of Angelic Evocation" by Fio Praeter Humanus ( http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1687 ), but the method he describes appears to be different from what Bardon instructs. Could someone please explain what am I missing?

If anyone could show me the ropes of getting set up properly and practically (I don't have access to platinum crowns or dedicated summoning chambers in the dungeon area of my castle), I would be very much obliged.

Any and all suggestions and instructions from practitioners with hands-on evocation experience (especially Bardonian) will be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly.
"It is better to be without silver, than it is to be without honor" - Norse proverb

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login