The dilemma of a Magico-religious view versus a magical

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
Pablo
Magister Templi

The dilemma of a Magico-religious view versus a magical

Post#1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm

There are so many arguments and misunderstanding that arise because people here do not understand that the final "R" in ATRs stands for religion. So what invariably happens is that the magicians here approach the ATRs from a magical perspective. I consider this to be the equivalent of someone learning to drive but because they are a competent chemist they can only see a car from a thermodynamic perspective.

I am not bashing any magicians as I am one of you and this is a fine magical website. This is the reason why Divination is so important in the ATRs.

I would suggest that anyone approaching the ATRs that has no experience of them (and some that feel that they do) first disengage their mind from the magical mindset to engage with he religious one.

Just a thought

Pablo
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login