NAP problems or "Am I doing it too fast?"

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
GarageMage
Practicus

NAP problems or "Am I doing it too fast?"

Post#1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:42 pm

In the book it states that the initial preliminary NAP rite should take 4 or more minutes. I find that when I record it and the like it comes off anywhere between 2:30-3:00 minutes, even when placing in the 3 seconds between the words in the lower parts in the rite. Also when I do further incantations with the NAP pre-rite, it takes far less than 15 minutes(5-8 minutes give or take) and I haven't had much, if any success. Any tips?
LULZ IS THE LAWL; LULZ UNDER WILL

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: NAP problems or "Am I doing it too fast?"

Post#2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 am

Hi Garagemage

Firstly dont get to bogged down on the timing the last thing you want to worry about is how long you are doing this for. The aim of the ritual is to wind you down and connect your conciousness to the NAP current. I simply meditate for a couple of minutes and when I feel ready I start the Ritual.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Re: NAP problems or "Am I doing it too fast?"

Post#3 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:49 am

I was struggling with achieving a relaxed state going exactly by the book, so I tried altering how I do it. Not already possessing a tape recorder to record that on and listen too, and reading from the book not allowing me to become fully relaxed, I started saying the first couple paragraphs thru "unwind and let go". Then I put the book down and repeat "relax", "unwind and let go", "not a care in the world", "no problems to worry about", "happy to be calmly sitting and relaxing now", "I am at peace with the world and all in it", various phrases like that while listening to meditation or relaxation music. Then after a few minutes of that with eyes closed, I state the last paragraph where Arzel is called. I end up spending longer than four minutes at this, but it is easier to do that since I changed it to suit me; I'm not sitting there wondering if I've done it long enough. I figure the point is the relaxation and this is doing a better job for me than exactly word-for-word what's in the book. Thank you, Vovin, for comfirming that with your post; I feel better now about altering it.
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.