A weird 12 hours of NAP: Angels, spirits, and ghost-rapists.

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Enochian
Practicus

Re: A weird 12 hours of NAP: Angels, spirits, and ghost-rapi

Post#21 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Rituals may not get rid of spirits.

The true and traditional way of getting rid of spirits is fumigating with a shit load of incense such as frankincense.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#22 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Fumigation without the ability to command does not achieve much.

just a thought.

Pablo
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Enochian
Practicus

Post#23 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Pablo wrote:Fumigation without the ability to command does not achieve much.

just a thought.

Pablo

believe what you want.

Topic author
LEE
Neophyte

Post#24 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for the replies,

To clarify I've been doing:
Point A
Power Ritual + Circulation
Bornless one
Chants
Dee Hay Thooth
banishing

I must say I'm surprised at some of the responses given the general attitude that NAP is considered a self-contained system. As mentioned earlier, I'm not experienced in Grimoric magic, but I have been involved in various systems for the last 10 years, however none were 'evocation style' so I chose to approach this grimoire without preconceptions.

About 3.5 hours ago I performed the ritual + chants again (as usual) though this time throwing myself into the material, repeating certain parts, and generally lending a personal aspect of artistic expression to it.

Having been inspired by Lisiewski's terrific explanations of how Grimoiric magic works, I choose to allow the information to sit subliminally while I perform my daily NAP rituals. Suddenly I am in control of the process, I've woken up full of energy at 3:25 am (indicating, at the least energetic movement) the banishings are completely successful (no weird dream or hint that I'll have an unwanted visitation in an hour).

I am yet to see whether these changes in methodology produce sustained changes in my experiences or quicker results. What has REALLY thrown me is that NAP was always presented as a self-contained system; yet from what others and my own experience indicates, you really need to approach it from the perspective of an already learned occultist.

As I've said countless times earlier I just don't get it. How can a book like this be marketed to the layman? The effectiveness of the book appears to depend on ones broader context of occult knowledge and experience, and it seems inaccurate to regard it as a complete system, or 'grimoire' according to some definitions.

Am I wrong? Is it possible that experienced occultists need to integrate the knowledge instead of approaching it as a layman would? Honestly I don't know; I'm hoping that someone can put forth an answer from their own experience.

EDIT: Just wondering if anyone experiences peripheral vision abnormalities due to this material. My mind has projected the image of a singular 'eye' (either piercing human or predatory bird) for days at a time in the blackness of my own lids, or in patterns in textiles (etc). I've also been experiencing peripheral vision distortions; black dots and blurry light patches which hang in my peripheral vision and don't seem 'real'. Almost like my subconscious is trying to overlay vague impressions or imaginations over my physical sense of vision. I'm not sure if this is what people commonly refer to as 'seeing shadows' or 'orbs' (etc), and it doesn't seem to quite fit with the idea of actually 'seeing' them.

Enochian
Practicus

Post#25 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:12 pm

NAP is not some kind of self-contained system.

All the author did was pick bits and pieces from various grimoires.

Many people can, and have, written such books.

Please get real and fumigate with frankincense ASAP.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#26 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Lee I hope you get my comment about the ability to command. That is the crucial point. To anyone one else experience born of results and knowing always trumps belief!
Last edited by Pablo on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Topic author
LEE
Neophyte

Post#27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Pablo wrote:Lee I hopey ou get my comment about the ability to command. That is the crucial point. To anyone one else Experience born of rwesults and knowing always trumps belief!

Your comment was noted. I assume by 'command' you mean the ability to perform the banishing rites with conviction and authority?

At the time of my last post I performed the banishing three times with authority and conviction. As stated in my last post I believed it had worked. At 4:20am the same thing happened. I heard what sounded like faint 'sub-bass' footsteps I got intensely cold (where I was hot an hour before) and I experienced 'chills' and glancing breezes and pressures across various parts of my body, most notably my face and crown. During this time I was fully assertive and not fearful at all.

For what it's worth I consulted the pendulum much later and it told me that this was a bona fide objective spirit interfering. I'm considering just entering meditation next time and seeing what it does / what it has to say.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#28 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:25 am

Well what I meant was the ability to command, as you must be in the mental place where you are supreme magus and acting as the spirit's ruler. look at the Egyptian magical texts where the operator announces themself as the god, as a good example.
I am not advocating a godform working. I am advocating speaking from your highest self with the kind of conviction that comes from the very core of your being. In the very crudest form pray to your highest conception of god prior to the work itself. You can speak from your core which is found 2 fingerswidths below the nazel in the chinese martial arts.

These are the kind of ommissions that I find in modern grimoires that drive me nuts as when the brown stuff hits the fan the book is oddly silent.

kind rgds

Pablo
Last edited by Pablo on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tai
Adeptus Minor

Post#29 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 am

The Bornless will put one in command mode.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#30 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:41 am

Lee

Here is an excellent post on command and the importance therein. it is in the discussion about blood and magic in the genral section.

http://studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6558&p=69996#p69996

Worth a read and a reread at a later date.

Rgds

pablo