NAP Not working

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: NAP Not working

Post#31 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

raum215 wrote:I have a first English edition hardcover of IIH. I am almost unfamiliar with Bardon's work, but his mentors were of influence on one of mine.

William Gray imho deserves some real consideration.
http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Ritual-Me ... 0877284989

His writing, for early 1900's is taken out of context though, and some his ideas about genetics and anatomy - so to some he comes across as prejudiced. He wasn't in his life, though. He was a segregationist though. Then again, so was most everyone in his age. I do not approve of this, but his Modern Ritual Methods is a book that is a baby that should not be thrown out with the bathwater. It is just his writing is very structural in nature.

-------

Also, something i am looking at is the GBG stuff, The Gnostic Brotherhood of God revealed by Louis T. Culling.

I think these might work well with NAP or at least well round out some of the work in it if I need some flesh for its bare-bones approach. Also, these are people he probably knew, or at least knew of, based on his own past involvements.

For me, the irony was the name "GEOF" (yes that spelling) has been in my work since my teens, particularly with "Spirit Boards" and the like,.. and *it* revisits me occasionally, but before this forum, I have never heard of the author of NAP. I do not have reason to think THIS guy is the name, it may just be spirits were dropping a piece of advice by dropping his name. Many times I have asked "how can I...?" or "What is the best way...?" and the answer has been GEOF. I think that was one of the puzzle pieces I *might* need for myself.

If not, the book has excellent resale value. So I have nothing to lose, really.

------

My work with the PDF was *very* slight. When I did the NAP ritual once, and i was prompted to buy a lottery ticket that next morning, and it won, I was frankly convinced enough to buy the book. I did not do it again yet, and avoided making pre-conceptions. I have just waited to afford and work the book.

I get alot of magic results, but not all stable enough for my standards by any means. I also do not feel like I am finished learning. Hopefully, I never will. I am looking at this as growing my skillset and my toolkit, and sharpening some things I already have.

Hmm....That is strange that that particular name GEOF has followed you. Maybe be a sign... The GBG book are their the same spirits in it? That might be something ill look into. The lottery ritual ive always won on, Not a huge amount but I really didnt put alot of emphases into it I just was experimenting with it. Not to change the subject but how is Bardons meditation as comparison to NAP? I dont believe we ever learn enough its like a link that leads you to the next step.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#32 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 pm

G.B.G. is para-thelemic modern occultic stuff. It was mostly designed around neighborhood circles who met together and employed western magic in a "study-group" type of setting. It is more of a cabal of inclusion that a secret society.

It is my understanding Bardn's work was approached similarly by many seekers who also looked for community in their searches. The chair of Llwellyn used much of their materials and grew out of mentorship of their circles. And if there is a magician at Llwellyn worth their salt, it is him.

-------
I do not know Bardon's work directly. But I have the book. I found it in 2002 on the street by a sublet who was moving out, in Oakland California, right around the corner from me. I never knew the person there, but there was two boxes, books and art supplies. The box with the books was all first edition works of Regardie, and this one book was in there, Bardon IIH. The dustjacket is gone.

It bears many inscriptions, was bought used for 5.00 according to pencil marks. it also has passages highlighted and underlined.

Front cover

"Ye are gods..."
John 10:34

Welcome to the Gate...
LAYIL

(Air Triangle)
Come to the edge
It's too high.
Come to the edge.
I might fall.
Come to the edge.
So she came.
And he pushed.
And she flew.

--------------

Back Cover (all these seem to be in a different haqndwriting than the front, and these are highlighted.)

John Auriel Carter (sun with five rays) highlighted

Blue Star

Atlas, who wears on back of Bronze the ancient abode
Of Gods in Heaven,
Had a daughter named Maia, born of a Goddess...
She lay with Zeus and bore me, Hermes,
Servant of the Immortals.

Hermes Mecurius Trismegistos

---------------
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Not working

Post#33 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Frater EOE wrote:The tome itself works like a talisman to connect you to forces inside it. Although owning it is not mandatory - I'm almost certainly positive you are not getting any results or very weak results because of not using the actual hard copy of the book unfortunately. :(

And as nox and summerland have wisely stated - once you have finished the ritual try to let go of all thoughts associated with it (including the desire for whatever outcome your chasing) and know that the forces you are calling are working correctly. Keep persisting and you will get there :)

Ok, Frater what rituals ive done from the hard copy of the book. I must say.......You were right. Although PDF works great! I must admit that the rituals worked with faster results with the hard copy. The book is in mint condition other than some yellowing of pages but thats expected. I didnt cleanse, sage or anything to the book.Just as is... did not seal or anything. Considering the condition of the book the previous owner had a lot of respect for the tome. So maybe theres a lot of positive energy imprinted into the book. So there you go....

Edit: A wise man named Wanderer told me to keep my mind off rituals after I finished because I had a hard time grounding myself afterwards. Thanks Wanderer! And a big thanks to Elubatel!

Frater EOE
Practicus

Post#34 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 am

Hi summerland - thank you so much for posting back, and I'm glad you noticed an increase in power to your workings. As you build up rapport with the angels you will find they will start to come quicker and faster with every call - and eventually in time you probably won't really need the book to make contact, but it's always great to have around to add that little bit of extra oomph to those special workings. Obviously some people will have no problems using only the .pdf - but I highly recommend getting this book for anyone working this system as I have now spoken to many people who find they are not getting any results or very weak results from using the .pdf alone.

You will definitely have to treasure your copy summerland :) sounds like it is in excellent condition and will most likely be one of the best investments you will ever make (as I'm sure you will get the purchase price back plus much more by using this system)!
"Be on your guard against all who are subordinate to you ... Trust no brother, know no friend, make no intimates."

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#35 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Frater EOE wrote:Hi summerland - thank you so much for posting back, and I'm glad you noticed an increase in power to your workings. As you build up rapport with the angels you will find they will start to come quicker and faster with every call - and eventually in time you probably won't really need the book to make contact, but it's always great to have around to add that little bit of extra oomph to those special workings. Obviously some people will have no problems using only the .pdf - but I highly recommend getting this book for anyone working this system as I have now spoken to many people who find they are not getting any results or very weak results from using the .pdf alone.

You will definitely have to treasure your copy summerland :) sounds like it is in excellent condition and will most likely be one of the best investments you will ever make (as I'm sure you will get the purchase price back plus much more by using this system)!

Frater because the hard copy works so much better and quicker im ordering another hard copy for my gf. Thank you Frater made a world of difference.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#36 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Everyone must be buying the book. Just purchased another book cost me over fifty bucks this time and my copy is in better condition.