NAP Not working

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

nox
Adeptus Minor

Re: Not working

Post#11 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 am

eyeofthetiger wrote:I did the ritual for a job, I had already done the interview and it went incredibly well. I used the general purpose invocation for 12 days to get the job and didn't. I didn't even doubt it AT all, I thought it was a dead certain that I would get it and so I'm really confused especially as allof the experiences I had were great...

I think u might have better results with Elubatel , but sometimes thing have a way on their own .Just go with the flow and you ll see that thing will end up to your favour.

Frater EOE
Practicus

Post#12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:49 am

eyeofthetiger: Are you using a .pdf version of the book? Or a physical hard copy?

The pendulum and your MM are giving you false results because you were lusting obsessively over it and thus your mind and Will were overpowering the true results from being shown to you. Magickally you are very young - take one step at a time and try not to bite off more than you can chew. If a Magickal path is truly for you - your results will come in time.
"Be on your guard against all who are subordinate to you ... Trust no brother, know no friend, make no intimates."

Topic author
eyeofthetiger
Neophyte

Post#13 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 am

Frater EOE wrote:eyeofthetiger: Are you using a .pdf version of the book? Or a physical hard copy?

The pendulum and your MM are giving you false results because you were lusting obsessively over it and thus your mind and Will were overpowering the true results from being shown to you. Magickally you are very young - take one step at a time and try not to bite off more than you can chew. If a Magickal path is truly for you - your results will come in time.

I'm using a PDF version of the book, I'll try and work with Elubatel but I don't know how you can stop yourself lusting after results when everything goes well and how you expect it to be.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#14 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am

eyeofthetiger wrote:
Frater EOE wrote:eyeofthetiger: Are you using a .pdf version of the book? Or a physical hard copy?

I'm using a PDF version of the book, I'll try and work with Elubatel but I don't know how you can stop yourself lusting after results when everything goes well and how you expect it to be.

Elubatel is a good choice for success with jobs. Like I said before, Just do research on him. Just forget about the rituals after and do something mundane.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Frater EOE
Practicus

Post#15 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:57 pm

The tome itself works like a talisman to connect you to forces inside it. Although owning it is not mandatory - I'm almost certainly positive you are not getting any results or very weak results because of not using the actual hard copy of the book unfortunately. :(

And as nox and summerland have wisely stated - once you have finished the ritual try to let go of all thoughts associated with it (including the desire for whatever outcome your chasing) and know that the forces you are calling are working correctly. Keep persisting and you will get there :)
"Be on your guard against all who are subordinate to you ... Trust no brother, know no friend, make no intimates."

nox
Adeptus Minor

Post#16 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Frater EOE wrote:The tome itself works like a talisman to connect you to forces inside it. Although owning it is not mandatory - I'm almost certainly positive you are not getting any results or very weak results because of not using the actual hard copy of the book unfortunately. :(

Pdf version is fine too, trust me .The power is in you not in the book ,that it s just info .U can t ride a bike just by reading the book :)
I have the electronic version also and i had great results after 2 hours that i we performed the ritual and i ve done it only once.

Nagual-Hoor-Lam
Philosophus

Post#17 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:46 pm

If you are concerned about connecting to the books' thoughtform, just copy the rituals and such out of it into a new volume. As you do so you are internalizing the grimoire.

Pendulums can give false readings. I've encountered this problem myself. I think heavy, metal ones are less prone to this.
I reckon, this is since the pendulum works on the ideomotor effect. I'll try to explain: thought is tension, and tension is thought. Subconscious muscle tension in the hand moves the pendulum. So, if our mind is busy with the lust of result when we use the pendulum, our results will be definitely skewed. Other beings may communicate with us through the pendulum. But it requires our mind be empty enough to have things put in it.

What I've found can make pendulum readings more accurate is to spend some time just focusing your eyes on the pendulum as it spins around in a circle. Do that for a few minutes, just relaxing, and focusing your gaze on the pendulum. Then once you are quite relaxed and your mind is clear, calibrate the pendulum. Once it's calibrated, do some basic test questions (your gender, you name, etc.) Also, doin the middle pillar, or point A before you begin with the pendulum is helpful.
We look to the moon, rather than grasping the finger tip. Image

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#18 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:34 pm

A brass plumb bob is about 9 dollars at home depot. Electricians, Brick and Stone masons, and more construction fields still use the pendulum, but call it a "plumb bob." It is what my papaw taught me on, but I also use stone, and now specifically snowflake obsidian.

As for book vs pdf. sigh. nothing compares to having a real book. Books are like beings. they have their own life when you have them long enough. Personally, the admission price of NAP is not high, considering the requirements of many other systems. The price is very fair in some places. I in fact just lament I am having to order it online, instead of finding it in a great bookstore.

As for digital versions, I have one, but it is not the same. It is a scan and as quality goes, it is sufficient to read, but it even FEELS like something is missing by not holding the printed word. The digital barrier for me is one that tends to interfere with the TOTAL experience of things. I thought about just working it up as a printed copy, but I feel this is a book worth actually buying. Also, with bell, book, and candle being my main toolset, I look forward to trying with this.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#19 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Just a point on the idea of the beings in the book as "thought forms"...they are for the most part angels: theSheM Ha-MePhoRaSh angels and some from the Testament of Solomon ...others like Arzal appear in the older Solomonic Texts such as the Goetia and the GKOS and Elubatal from the books of Moses.

These are very old, very real sentient spirits...not mere thought forms. They can also say "NO". Just my opinion.
(Then again...if you think of angels/demons/evil mother-in-laws and all spirits as nothing more than thought forms or buy into Jungian stuff and see magic as nothing more than overly complicated psychology, then I suppose discount everything I just said)

Why not try establishing greater contact with the spirits involved? Get a conversation of sorts happening...get a feel of whats happening.

The three you mentioned, Iaoth, Patayah and Opiel are my "go-to-guys" for a whole range of things and are very cool to work with both in the format of the NAP and in other more elaborate ways

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#20 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

OMG, I hate people who misuse the word "thought form." It is called a Tulpa in Tibetan Magic. Here is the irony.

A Tupla is created by a magician, and he can even transmit a tulpa to others.

BUT, that same construct view is PART of a view of that there is also a TRUE Creation of a TRUE Creator.

The splash you make in water is a Tulpa "a thought given form" - but the fact two atoms of Hydrogen bond to one atom of Oxygen is Khorva, or the "constructs of God's mind."

The whole purpose of the word thoughtform was to translate the ideas that god's mind is more important than a magicians who is not working in accord with God's mind. That is what Angel's are constructs of God's mind.

(please apply some intellectual flexibility to the use of the word God in this case, kthx.)

Language, ALL Language is Tulpa. It is a Tulpa created by the mindstream communion we call co-existence. An alphabet is a tulpa, a name is a tulpa, an internet forum is a tulpa. BUT there is ALWAYS a aspect of Khorva under any Tulpa.

and that is what a magicians true goal is, to have a tulpa open up the mysteries of its creation and to reveal the Khorva that it conceals, which is a sentient being of true power.

So, the real fact is either a language is helping of not, it does little to argue it. It is best to just find the languages that help you break through the language barrier to actual magical experience of the Khorva, which in turn will make a magician be able to make better use of Tulpa.

In Qabala, this is the difference between Yetzirah and Briah.
In Aristotle, this is the difference between operating belief and fact.
In Magick, this is the difference between mental aerobics and making progress.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.