Question for the NAP Experts

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Markosis
Zelator

Question for the NAP Experts

Post#1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Couple of weird things happen when I have done NAP.
I normally perform NAP in my ritual space at home or in my bed at night. I travel a lot for my job and will do NAP on the road. When I preform the ritual at home, I sometimes see the room I performed NAP in on the road. My eyes are closed yet I see the room clearly and even hear sounds like I am back in that hotel room. I have discussed this with Brother Butterball.
Second thing is I just got back from a fishing trip to Canada. While in the cabin (deep in the woods), I did NAP couple nights while there. Nothing happened. Except the next night my wife (who stayed at home) says she hasn't slept well the last two nights because the dogs will bark at something and nothing is there. She also says she feels someone is there but there isn't.
Now I am not claiming that I am teleporting or anything like that. Like I said, while in Canada I thought nothing happened and the she says the two nights I do it, the dogs act up like "something" is in the house. Anyone else experience this with NAP?  This is happening by doing the main ritual and then calling My Magic Mentor. I guess if there is something to that, I would like to develop it more.

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Re: Question for the NAP Experts

Post#2 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Markosis,

I have experienced something like this but not specifically with NAP. So take what you will from this response. But I can say that when I have worked in a particular magical chamber for some time--like multiple years--my magical self and the sense of that space are very closely connected. I can do my daily rituals astrally by traveling there. In other words, the astral reflection of my physical working space becomes a lot like an astral temple. This makes complete sense, even if we travel astrally (intentionally or unintentionally) and wind up at an old magical space we used to use. It's still out there. Sometimes, while doing a zone ritual, I will sense an old magical chamber around me. I just ignore it.

S
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Topic author
Markosis
Zelator

Re: Question for the NAP Experts

Post#3 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Silenciumetaurum wrote:Markosis,
But I can say that when I have worked in a particular magical chamber for some time--like multiple years--my magical self and the sense of that space are very closely connected. I can do my daily rituals astrally by traveling there.
S

When I was first learning the LBRP, I was on travel a lot and would visualize I was back in my chamber performing it to help myself memorize it. It is amazing how "vivid" this becomes as you do it more often. Thanks for the response.