Help with pronunciation (Uncrossing Ritual)

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
successismine
Neophyte

Help with pronunciation (Uncrossing Ritual)

Post#1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 am

hi i have been practising the Uncrossing Ritual for a few weeks now. Just wanted to know if the word of power 'Lahm' is like Lamb? :thinking

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: Help with pronunciation (Uncrossing Ritual)

Post#2 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 am

successismine wrote:hi i have been practising the Uncrossing Ritual for a few weeks now. Just wanted to know if the word of power 'Lahm' is like Lamb? :thinking

I am pronouncing it, Lay Oh Lahm.

Not like Lamb.
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
successismine
Neophyte

Post#3 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:21 am

BrotherButterball wrote:
successismine wrote:hi i have been practising the Uncrossing Ritual for a few weeks now. Just wanted to know if the word of power 'Lahm' is like Lamb? :thinking

I am pronouncing it, Lay Oh Lahm.

Not like Lamb.

sorry i meant the pronunciation of the 3rd syllable in the word of power. Lahm.. to sound like lamb?
Last edited by successismine on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:22 am

This is how I hear it.

Lahm sounds like larm in the word alarm
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

Topic author
successismine
Neophyte

Post#5 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:30 am

wizardscauldron wrote:This is how I hear it.

Lahm sounds like larm in the word alarm

Oh ok. Will try that instead of 'lamb' and see how i get on. Thank you

Kappa
Zelator

Post#6 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:44 am

When I do it, Lahm rhymes with "Tom" or "bomb"

With my accent, rhyming with "alarm" would not work. NAP pronunciations are confusing though, keep in mind that the author lived in Canada, but I believe he spent time in South Africa, London, among other locations. We don't definitely know his "point of reference" so you have to experiment and take direction from your inner teacher as well.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#7 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Kappa wrote:When I do it, Lahm rhymes with "Tom" or "bomb"

With my accent, rhyming with "alarm" would not work. NAP pronunciations are confusing though, keep in mind that the author lived in Canada, but I believe he spent time in South Africa, London, among other locations. We don't definitely know his "point of reference" so you have to experiment and take direction from your inner teacher as well.

Phonetically this just doesnt make any sense. I dont see how you can turn 'ah' into the sound of an 'o'

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Ahoy there, I just say it like " Laaahhhmmm "
Ax...

Kappa
Zelator

Post#9 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:21 pm

wizardscauldron wrote:

Phonetically this just doesnt make any sense. I dont see how you can turn 'ah' into the sound of an 'o'

Like I said, we all have accents. How do you turn "arm" into "ahm"? Phonetically, the "r" completely changes the sound in my part of the world. In your accent, they are identical. That is fine. I pronounce ah like o, with my accent they are identical, I'm not "changing" anything. That's all I'm going to say. :roll:

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Kappa wrote:
wizardscauldron wrote:

Like I said, we all have accents. How do you turn "arm" into "ahm"? Phonetically, the "r" completely changes the sound in my part of the world. In your accent, they are identical. That is fine. I pronounce ah like o, with my accent they are identical, I'm not "changing" anything. That's all I'm going to say. :roll:

Sorry. I understand you now. I have written to authors of books before asking for a pronunciation guide of mantras as we can speak wildly differently.