Noob Questions

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Re: Noob Questions

Post#21 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Menxeperset wrote:However, I have come to believe that the MM is a superficial reflection of the smallest part of that immensity. Of course, this is not to say that that would be the case for anyone else. If we think about the MM as a "spiritual guide" and / or a reflection of the self, then I suppose it could originate from any number of places.

Mxs

You may be right there. I forget which old grimoire Mr Nagel took his 'guardian spirit contact' ritual from, but the correlation is in the use of the word OM to summon the spirit from that grimoire and the MM ritual. Perhaps this is where Geoff got it from. OM is a powerful word as someone did say to me once after months of practice with it as a mantra that it would physically reverberate back to them in a full auditory sense when they used it as a mantra for meditation.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#22 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Menxeperset wrote:DS,

In my experience (understand that I speak from a place of subjectivity), the degree of clarity necessary to contact the MM depends on how developed one's astral senses are. If you're having trouble using a shewstone or a black mirror, locate a good text on mental / astral projection and pursue that curriculum first. Actually, the ritual called the "Advanced Tarot Contemplation" in Kraig's Modern Magick would be more than sufficient. You can still work the NAP chants in the meantime.

It may be controversial, but I believe the MM is an aspect of my HGA. Therefore, you may want to study Liber Samekh, Abramelin, or the processes in Newcomb's 21st Century Mage and attain an even more powerful understanding. Personally, connecting with my MM facilitated these more complex operations for me; though, I would be remiss if I were to assume that anyone else should follow the same pattern.

Best of luck.
Mxs

I have been reading up on exercises to develope my astral senses. I started a thread about the effectiveness of obsidian spheres since I don't have a mirror yet and was wondering if it wouldn't be just as good to have a sphere as a mirror. I'll get one or the other soon. Can one astraly evoke their mentor into a mirror?

DS

DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#23 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Oh...and which Nagel book is the guardian spirit ritual in? I should probably pick that up.

Menxeperset

Post#24 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 pm

DarkScribe wrote:I have been reading up on exercises to develope my astral senses. I started a thread about the effectiveness of obsidian spheres since I don't have a mirror yet and was wondering if it wouldn't be just as good to have a sphere as a mirror. I'll get one or the other soon. Can one astraly evoke their mentor into a mirror? DS

I would think so. I have a polished granite sphere that works well along these lines and a hematite orb that also produces interesting results. But black mirrors are excellent for spiritual communicaton.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#25 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:59 am

DarkScribe wrote:Oh...and which Nagel book is the guardian spirit ritual in? I should probably pick that up.

'Book of Shadows'

Its hard to get hold of now so its going to cost you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000R5N3UM/r ... eoplese-21
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

CreativeLight
Zelator

Post#26 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 am

As English is not my mother tongue, I have just begun the translation of the rituals described in NAP, before starting my practice.

I though have a few questions about some words that have, to me, a double meaning. So please forgive me for asking those points that are certainly obvious to you but not for me.

So, in the first NAP ritual

- "...flooding to the surface." - flooding like water( or energy in this case) but what is the surface ? The body ? life ? flooding like filling entirely ?

-" to assist me in this and all my ventures" : what is "this" referring to ? the ritual ? The purpose stated at the beginning ?

"ventures" = adventures ? aims ? Projects ?

- "I Call on Thee" : I am calling you ? I invoke you ?

- this is a general question : the first NAP ritual has to be done 7 days before starting any chant, right ?

thanks for your answers.

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#27 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:52 pm

CL,

Good questions. :)

As English is not my mother tongue, I have just begun the translation of the rituals described in NAP, before starting my practice. I though have a few questions about some words that have, to me, a double meaning. So please forgive me for asking those points that are certainly obvious to you but not for me.

That makes sense.

- "...flooding to the surface." - flooding like water( or energy in this case) but what is the surface ? The body ? life ? flooding like filling entirely ?

I would say: flowing to the surface of my being (where "being" means mind + body).

-" to assist me in this and all my ventures" : what is "this" referring to ? the ritual ? The purpose stated at the beginning ?

Yes, "the purpose of this working and all others"--perhaps during the time you will make the chant / incantation part of your daily practice. A "venture" is like an "undertaking" or concerted effort put towards a goal.

- "I Call on Thee" : I am calling you ? I invoke you ?

Yes.

- this is a general question : the first NAP ritual has to be done 7 days before starting any chant, right ?

Timing is always a question in NAP. I think Vovin put it best here: http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2068&p=19712#p19712 Look at "Step 5" in the first post.

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

CreativeLight
Zelator

Post#28 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't know why but I can't access the link you have just given. Can you please paste it here ?

Thanks a lot Silenciumetaurum, I appreciate your answers.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#29 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Me neither.
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#30 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Sure.

The link is entitled "Nap Cheat Sheet"

Step 5:

Repeat these steps ONCE a day, EVERYDAY, at the same time each day. Do this until your result manifests or you realize you don’t want the result anymore. You will definitely get some sort of result. Most people jiggle lose results close to what they want within hours or days. Sometimes you get something similar but isn’t quite what you wanted. You can decide if the manifestation was close enough, or if you need to keep repeating the ritual. If this is a difficult goal, you may have to repeat the ritual dozens of times of the course of weeks.
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.