NAP beginner questions: ritual order, planetary attracting/banishing, etc.

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
firephilosopher
Neophyte

NAP beginner questions: ritual order, planetary attracting/banishing, etc.

Post#1 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:20 pm

Hello All,

First post here with some questions about NAP. I just recently received and read the book and will get started working soon. I was hoping to get some advice or insight from those experienced with this system. Apologies if all this is addressed elsewhere in the forum, I am making my way through some of the NAP topics but have not read them all!

1) My main question is about the method and efficacy of combining incantations, e.g. using both the Invocation for Money and the General Purpose Invocation or Chant to Bring Success in a single session directed toward the same goal. If it is advantageous to combine any of these, then what is a good way to do so?

2) I am also wondering about the Planetary attracting/banishing ritual and whether this is something that is best practiced in addition to one of the other incantations from earlier in the book (before or after?), or is it best as a standalone ritual? When might one use one of the planetary rituals instead of the earlier incantations? How do they compare, or in what types of situations might one be better than the other for meeting your needs?

( Note: my current goals have generally to do with moving to a new house/apartment, finding enough enjoyable work to meet my needs, etc. )

3) What would be the best NAP approach for preventing a certain outcome? e.g., preventing potential legal action or fines that may or may not eventuate. Basically wanting to make sure that such actions will not be taken against you, so I am guessing the Invocation to Win Legal Action would not be appropriate since this would deal with a legal action already in process.
So, would such a prevention be dealt with through one of the Invocations earlier in the book (Chant for Success or General Purpose?) or perhaps through one of the Planetary banishing rituals (maybe Saturn banishing ritual)?

4) I am also perhaps interested in exploring the potential with NAP when it comes to helping the healing of a pet, and also increasing skills and abilities with playing an instrument, in case anyone has anything to say about those.

Thoughts and advice much appreciated.

Fr.Mitesco
Neophyte

Re: NAP beginner questions: ritual order, planetary attracting/banishing, etc.

Post#2 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:53 am

I suppose it depends on why you want to combine the rituals/chants. If you’re concerned a single chant won’t work, and you’re “throwing more eggs in the cake mix” just to be sure, then that doubt could become counterproductive, and undermine the whole process. The purpose of the working changes from getting yourself an apartment, to proving the working a self-fulfilling failure. It’s sometimes better to do one rite/chant with confidence, than several mixed with feelings of doubt and desperation.

If you’re combining them to address different aspects of the “problem”, then that’s a different situation. For example a chant to Nikita for Money; to Elubatel to bring success to your business; and Iaoth, Petahyah, and Opiel to raise awareness of what you’re offering in the market that’s maybe a solid approach (Sometimes Magick is a bit like Project Management). There’s a good example of this layering approach elsewhere on the forum

Having said all that I’m more of a chaos magician at heart, so I’d suggest (if you have the luxury of the time to do so) trying it and seeing what works for you. If your only result after three days is a sense of failure and increased desperation, it’s then worth taking a step back for a re-think.

I hope that helps.

Fr.M
Pax
Fr. Mitesco.

"Freed from desire, mind and senses purified".

Topic author
firephilosopher
Neophyte

Post#3 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:09 pm

Thanks very much for your reply Fr.Mitesco. I will definitely take all that into consideration. I do resonate with the 'addressing multiple aspects' approach.

Asahel
Philosophus

Post#4 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:02 am

firephilosopher wrote:Hello All,

First post here with some questions about NAP. I just recently received and read the book and will get started working soon. I was hoping to get some advice or insight from those experienced with this system. Apologies if all this is addressed elsewhere in the forum, I am making my way through some of the NAP topics but have not read them all!

1) My main question is about the method and efficacy of combining incantations, e.g. using both the Invocation for Money and the General Purpose Invocation or Chant to Bring Success in a single session directed toward the same goal. If it is advantageous to combine any of these, then what is a good way to do so?

2) I am also wondering about the Planetary attracting/banishing ritual and whether this is something that is best practiced in addition to one of the other incantations from earlier in the book (before or after?), or is it best as a standalone ritual? When might one use one of the planetary rituals instead of the earlier incantations? How do they compare, or in what types of situations might one be better than the other for meeting your needs?

( Note: my current goals have generally to do with moving to a new house/apartment, finding enough enjoyable work to meet my needs, etc. )

3) What would be the best NAP approach for preventing a certain outcome? e.g., preventing potential legal action or fines that may or may not eventuate. Basically wanting to make sure that such actions will not be taken against you, so I am guessing the Invocation to Win Legal Action would not be appropriate since this would deal with a legal action already in process.
So, would such a prevention be dealt with through one of the Invocations earlier in the book (Chant for Success or General Purpose?) or perhaps through one of the Planetary banishing rituals (maybe Saturn banishing ritual)?

4) I am also perhaps interested in exploring the potential with NAP when it comes to helping the healing of a pet, and also increasing skills and abilities with playing an instrument, in case anyone has anything to say about those.

Thoughts and advice much appreciated.

1) Yes. Combining 2 or even 3 chants for (different aspects of) the same goal is what I am doing, and it works.

2) Don't know, I never bothered with the planetary aspects of NAP. Test it yourself and share the results, that's what this forum is about.

3) Ielahiah works for anything related to the law, policy, private agreements/contracts, fines etc. Yes, even for preventing action against you. Ask him to protect you from being sued. Add the chant to Gadiel (Invocation for Protection from Evil) to the mix as well.

4) The chant for health may work for pets. I've done it, but in concert with other stuff, not by itself, so I can't give you a definitive answer. I don't see why it wouldn't work though. As for talents, again, test for yourself and share.
Nullius in verba.

Topic author
firephilosopher
Neophyte

Post#5 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 am

Thanks so much Asahel, I appreciate this helpful advice.