Stories in the NAP book

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Poloarcanis
Neophyte

Stories in the NAP book

Post#1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to hear some opinions, what do u think about the stories in the book ? The miracles that everyone received ? And someone have a miracle story like these ?

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Re: Stories in the NAP book

Post#2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Actually yes. I did the Elubatel and Nitika workings for my family (not myself) and within a week, my stepdad got unexpectedly contacted by a friend who hooked him up with a job, and my family also got an unexpected financial windfall that helped a lot. As for the latter I don't know if it's the Nitika working or my mom's magic because we were both working for that. Maybe there was some synergy involved.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#3 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:40 pm

The 70s books carried a lot of exaggerated sensationalism.Let's be frank,if the books didn't carry the overblown testimonies the techniques would only justify a 20 page book.I read NAP several times and will so again yet skip the testimonials.The stories are there to motivate you to give the techniques a try.Too many people get hung up on this and need to just kinda move on and go ahead with the system.

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#4 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:58 pm

It helps to think of the funny 70s vibe of the book, as part of the general LARP/psychodrama/theatrical element that's in many magical currents.

Diazin
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:32 pm

For me, those testimonials are much more for getting the reader into a more positive state of mind and help in caring less about what might go wrong. So is the invocation of NAP. I dont see any harm in that.

Ironchakra1
Practicus

Post#6 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:23 am

Yup. The stories can get the reader to relate some to other people having struggles in life but then having positive developments unfold as they did the New Avatar work. Instead of just abstractions. Sure, they could be viewed in one sense as the sort of cheesy 70s style, but if you read with a sense of fun and in the flow of the whole deal, it seems pretty cool to me.

jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 pm

All Parker Publishing books have the same layout.Maybe that was part of the agreement between author and publisher before an agreement was signed.If youre browsing through the content at a bookstore the testimonials might appeal to you to buy the book.

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Re: RE: Re: Stories in the NAP book

Post#8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 pm

jeff grayhair wrote:All Parker Publishing books have the same layout.Maybe that was part of the agreement between author and publisher before an agreement was signed.If youre browsing through the content at a bookstore the testimonials might appeal to you to buy the book.
That makes perfect sense.

I grew up with parents who were deeply into "think and grow rich" type stuff, my dad was a salesman during the 80s, and my parents were both in Amway for a while in the 70s and they were hardcore into some of the cheesiest 70s-80s positive thinking stuff. (Now dad is into Landmark and mom is into The Secret... sigh.) NAP legit reminds me of a quasi parody of sales training pamphlets, Amway stuff, and cold war era salesman culture. It cracks me up.

NAP vibes like that and I suspect that part of its effectiveness for some people is what it is for me, it connects me to a zeitgeist that had a different attitude, but a lot of it is that the book has a personality that I believe I'm actually engaging with. So much modern magic in a lot of my social circles is focused on completely different concerns and unless you're in wealthy circles a majority of people oppose you wanting or having survival advantages they don't have, and that includes most occultists - and that isn't a problem for NAP at all.

jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:47 pm

I just finished reading N.A.P in its entirety again and let me tell you going through those testimonials can be a chore.Next time I will just skim through and absorb the workable content.Those stories have their place I suppose.I know Gray-Cobb used to give out pamphlets when he lectured before the book was published.Maybe a few of those case studies werent as far fetched as we make them out to be.

Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Poloarcanis wrote:Hello everyone, I would like to hear some opinions, what do u think about the stories in the book ? The miracles that everyone received ? And someone have a miracle story like these ?

Okay not breaking your balls here rather you just need to understand that NAP was NOT originally written nor intended to sell to occultists. Hello? So Parker Publishing had this idea for all of its authors to create or come up with (yes some stories are actually true from the author's personal experiences) for their reading audience so that they could gain the confidence, self-assurance, self-belief & courage to actually TRY working the magic & metaphysics presented in all of their books.

Stop getting hung up on the anecdotal stories. It's silly to do so since many are made up merely to illustrate HOW the instructions are supposed to work. That's all. :)
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.