Consistency and Discipline

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Consistency and Discipline

Post#11 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 am

jeff grayhair wrote:Question...
How does one motivate him/herself to consistently practice the invocations daily?Even though results are showing an easily distracted,sort of undisciplined person as myself needs some kind of motivation to keep going on a continuous basis.Any suggestions?

It is hard sometimes especially if your so tired when you get home from work that all you want to do is sleep. I am at fault of this.... Spirits dont like to be neglected and called a pond when just in need. But they dont want like one did to invoked 97 times in a day either....lol....image summoning Elubatel 97 times in a day..... :shock: Magick is a part of my life...Because i know it works...I must do better and put myself in a better place when doing my rituals like i should...
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Ahzriel
Practicus

Post#12 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:28 am

=...
Last edited by Ahzriel on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#13 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Many thanks for these replies.
Truth be told,this NAP system is very,very powerful so I proceed with caution sometimes(Especially when working with Elubatel-whom you absolutely MUST state your specific Intention with)and I will always be forever grateful for the Powers That Be for dropping this Wonderful Grimiore onto my lap-literally.

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#14 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:04 am

At the time that I got back into magick, I had practiced various forms of Buddhism off and on over the years. Some of these involved regular practices performed twice a day. I learned quite a bit about maintaining a regular practice. Having a practice altar is something i still do. Even if my specific, current magickal practice doesn't require one. It reinforces my practice - seeing it will remind me to do my practice, and it's a place to make offerings to the spirits I work with. Its also a place to set my grimoire when I do NAP practices. I see the difference in my day and my mindset when I haven't been keeping my practices up; eventually, you can see the difference, too, and that should be a reinforcement to keep practicing. If I am getting bored, I dont try to embellish the practice - I push myself to keep learning, to keep things interesting.
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Post#15 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:30 pm

How does one motivate him/herself to consistently practice the invocations daily?Even though results are showing an easily distracted,sort of undisciplined person as myself needs some kind of motivation to keep going on a continuous basis.Any suggestions?

Pfffft it may look easy but Sorcery is never 'easy' as it looks because like someone who plays an instrument you never see the hours of practice they put in, just the show they put on for you. Same with JuJu. Even those born with gifts still have to work to hone them because while gifts may make things easier the end result is never just easy or else everyone would be able to pick up and do it.

I spent years out on the road in sales so I listened to a lot of personal motivation cassette tapes mostly from the Nightengale-Conant Group and my first was Dr. Dennis Waitley's "The Psychology of Winning" from way back in 1988 when I wore those tapes out reprogramming my noggin after I first got involved in Witchcraft & Sorcery. It wasn't until later I obtained a copy of Earl Nightengale's "Lead the Field" which is a classic and I would listen those tapes on my way to work, on the way home and to sales calls until I wore the set out and had to buy new ones. Earl's voice sounds like a very gentle granpa's voice so it is soothing and he shares quite a bit of knowledge and wisdom. You can gain much about how to motivate yourself from listening and more importantly implementing his ideas and suggestions.

So when I know I have JuJu to do, I just do it, there's no fighting with myself over it all thanks to years of conditioning myself via motivating tapes and such for sales. I know it's not everyone's cup of java but it may help you with getting off your duff and doing something when you know you need to. :)
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#16 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Brother_Moloch_969 wrote:

Pfffft it may look easy but Sorcery is never 'easy' as it looks because like someone who plays an instrument you never see the hours of practice they put in, just the show they put on for you. Same with JuJu. Even those born with gifts still have to work to hone them because while gifts may make things easier the end result is never just easy or else everyone would be able to pick up and do it.

I spent years out on the road in sales so I listened to a lot of personal motivation cassette tapes mostly from the Nightengale-Conant Group and my first was Dr. Dennis Waitley's "The Psychology of Winning" from way back in 1988 when I wore those tapes out reprogramming my noggin after I first got involved in Witchcraft & Sorcery. It wasn't until later I obtained a copy of Earl Nightengale's "Lead the Field" which is a classic and I would listen those tapes on my way to work, on the way home and to sales calls until I wore the set out and had to buy new ones. Earl's voice sounds like a very gentle granpa's voice so it is soothing and he shares quite a bit of knowledge and wisdom. You can gain much about how to motivate yourself from listening and more importantly implementing his ideas and suggestions.

So when I know I have JuJu to do, I just do it, there's no fighting with myself over it all thanks to years of conditioning myself via motivating tapes and such for sales. I know it's not everyone's cup of java but it may help you with getting off your duff and doing something when you know you need to. :)

I used to listen to "Lead The Field" along with Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Les Brown and many others from Nightingale Conant. I still do.

Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Post#17 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:09 pm

jeff grayhair wrote:
Brother_Moloch_969 wrote:

I used to listen to "Lead The Field" along with Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Les Brown and many others from Nightingale Conant. I still do.

Awesome! I need to dig out my old cassette player out of storage and hook it up then listen to Nightengale-Conant cassette tapes most of which I think I still have.
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.