Chanting

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Jednota

Chanting

Post#1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 am

My native language is Croatian. So I'm wondering does it matter in which language I chant or invoke.
I can translate invocations but I'm not sure what to do about power names which are part of the invocation.
Can I spell them as if I'm reading in my native language or should I chant them in english?
Of course talking about NAP.

Thank you!

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Chanting

Post#2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 am

You can translate the rituals into your Native tongue but obviously pronounce the God names or words of Power as they are spelled out in the book..
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
Jednota

Post#3 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:41 am

Ok!

Are there any others mistakes I could do due to english being my second language?

Thanks!

Topic author
Sjamaan

Post#4 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am

Yea i was thinking about that too last night...
Would translating the rituals to another language leave the potency/strength intact of the spells?

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:08 am

The spirits are not neccesarily English :) It should not have any less Impact. Do it in whatever language you are most comfortable with but as mentioned make sure you retain using the God names correctly. Most of them are phoneticaly spelt out at the bottom of each Ritual or spell...
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 am

There is something to be said for doing rituals in a foreign language. It helps overcome the mundane world chatter mind.

I've always wanted to go superdork and develop a system of magick based on Tolkien's Silmarillion Pantheon and summon some 'elves' and Astrally visit the Gray Havens :ugeek:

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

Topic author
Sjamaan

Post#7 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:52 pm

lgdvl73 wrote:There is something to be said for doing rituals in a foreign language. It helps overcome the mundane world chatter mind.

I've always wanted to go superdork and develop a system of magick based on Tolkien's Silmarillion Pantheon and summon some 'elves' and Astrally visit the Gray Havens :ugeek:

T

Haha, i agree on your statement there, Its just weird hearing myself on my NAP Ritual recording talking in Hinglesh wif an accent :lol:
I'm first gonna try it in full English, since i do understand it easily and some words in English or even sentences are hard to translate or i cant come up with a substitute for it.