Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Re: Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power

Post#31 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:19 am

I haven't practice the secrets, but I've read most of the book and I don't like it.

The author claims that it's easier than NAP, but that's just not true.
For example, with NAP you can work with your problems from day 1, but with this weird psyco-self-help, you have to go through a lot of NLP stuff.

Sunshine
Neophyte

Post#32 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 am

I won't be reading or buying it because It's like the Author forgot or just discovered something more about NLP and Hypnosis and just made a second book. Those who already know about NLP and Hypnosis will not need this book. NLP came from Hypnosis.

Also the Authors daughter Vicki mentioned that he was studying Hypnosis at the time when he wrote NAP.
So I could just do some self hypnosis and do the NAP ritual and get results, which most people have been doing anyway regardless if they want to call it something else but it's all dealing with subconscious mind in present tense. Also mentioned words that the subconscious mind never processes. Like can't, wouldn't, don't.
However a small part of this is mentioned already in NAP. Nothing new. However these negative words can be used in NLP/ Hypnosis in positive ways but that is another story.

From people that I know who have read this book and knows about NLP, they haven't got anything positive to say about this book. I believe that apart from the above this book was written for people that said they never got any results from NAP. However if you do things correctly one still may not get any results due to their core belief system.

The amazing thing is the NAP copycats have made the same errors in their books without even mentioning teh forgotten part.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#33 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 am

Well, you might be correct, and without trying it you will certainly not get any results. And we understand that with THAT attitude it WILL NOT work even if you did try it... :angelic

I hate two things about the book! The first one is the ridiculous naming of really basic things, and the second is that it assumes one is a total n00b in magick and need all that convincing. (This goes for almost all similar books, including NAP...)

I DO like that it has made me practice several times EVERY DAY for more than one month! That is RARE! I also like that he removes all unnecessary junk from previous stuff - although I have ..yet.. to confirm that it is as effective.

(BTW, I recently ordered his "7 steps" book which came out much later in his life. I am guessing it is even more streamlined than this book.)
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Sunshine
Neophyte

Post#34 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:05 am

Grab wrote:Well, you might be correct, and without trying it you will certainly not get any results. And we understand that with THAT attitude it WILL NOT work even if you did try it... :angelic

I hate two things about the book! The first one is the ridiculous naming of things, and the second is that it assumes one is a total n00b in magick and need all that convincing. (This goes for almost all similar books, including NAP...)

I DO like that it has made me practice several times EVERY DAY for more than one month! That is RARE! I also like that he removes all unnecessary junk from previous stuff - although I have ..yet.. to confirm that it is as effective.

This is why I think NAP is perfect for newbies in magic. Like NAP was in this year for me. NAP was my first time doing magic but I got better results using other manifestation methods for years.

I can also attest to doing any kind of repeated ritual ever day for a month. The first time I done this was back in 2007 and I must admit it was very hard for me to stick to but when I did see out the 30 days it was like WHAM!!! then I worked on another go then the same again.

It takes a minimum of 21 days to program the subconscious and can take 90 day or even longer like 2-3 years. But most people give up after a few days of doing anything. My self included. I've just done another 30 day ritual and it was worth it.

I will give his "Secrets From Beyond the Pyramids" ago next month but I heard that people get the same results from just visualizing and most of the stuff is not needed but I can't personally comment on that part as I need to see for my self. But as far as the Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power I think people know know about NLP/hypnosis will feel a little let down. This is just like putting energy into an object like a statue or lucky charm but you are doing it mentally. I don't know how to articulate what I mean but that's how I feel.

I notice that the new kindle books & PAD copycats also copied his n00b Peter and Jane style too...

The thing that I really liked about doing NAP was feeling Nitika around me in my home. It was weird but comforting. I also loved doing the MP and QP. I learnt to do the MP when I was a late teen but I never knew what the purpose was for. I was just told it was a meditation and that was it.

Anyways it would be interesting to to here what other people think of Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power.
Grab have you read this book yet? if not do you intend to?

As I am back seat driver to Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power just from reading what's in the book... just to name one mentioned "12th secret - THE STARTLING ASTRAL TRAVEL INDUCER" this is a classic hypnosis technique as well as other secret's listed. Thank you Monika.

The only rub for me is that I know I need to do my rituals every single day for the rest of my life, that's if I want to get the results I want. I think it was on this forum that I saw someone wrote "Never stop doing magic"
or what ever one may want to call it. This is where my belief is and I don't think it will change. Hey that's one positive negative example. But that's my sacrifice and it is worth it.

Did anybody read on this forum and another forum about not doing NAP for more than a month because starts to the other way? and negative stuff etc. I was curious about how this myth got started but it looks like the author made up a few other things and and has no left this site. I think I could easily find this post but I want to avoid calling names etc.

I can totally understand why Monika mentioned the similarity Silva method because that is the base of that comes from hypnosis. One can get away with words like NLP or even meditation but they can not call it hypnosis for a legal reasons and marketing reasons esp. when people are still freaked out my the myths about hypnosis. So yeah Cobb can just re-edit classic hypnosis technique scripts and call them what he wants.

Funny how José Silva:Silva method always stated "this is not hypnosis"

Sorry if my post is in bits and drabs as I've had a of doing load of things at the same time...

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#35 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Sunshine, can we agree that you read the book before judging it? Otherwise you will just guess wildly what it's about. Which you will STILL do even if you just read it and do not try it.
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."

Sunshine
Neophyte

Post#36 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Well I for me the 21 secrets from Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power mentioned here sums up the book and I know I will not be reading it so this counts me out as I've already made my judgement on that and what Monika mentioned. It's kinda predictable for those who have only read all the summary and other details and know about Hypnosis. One will know where came from, that's what I am saying.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#37 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Thank you for listening...

Sunshine
Neophyte

Post#38 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm

I thank you very much for listening too...

For someone who states
Grab wrote:I have extensive experience of NLP and similar.
and have read the book must "know" the jargon and technique's mentioned in the summary and other mentioned parts WILL know what the details are in the book. This is just part of basic NLP let alone extensive part learning NLP, hypnosis all that psyco-self-help stuff. If one can't see that and instantly know this then reads the second book Amazing Secrets of New Avatar Power needs go back and do some NLP homework big time. It's like reading something you already know and can't see any blatant connection with the summary and excerpts. :thinking :jkj

Not everyone will know anything about this over rated NLP stuff etc. may or may not benefit from the book but those who already know about NLP would have just tweeked NAP without then need to buy the 2nd book. :whistle

Grab, Do Keep in mind that this is an forum for discussion where people give their 2 cents sans being told to listen or be bullied. I am just stating a few facts but it doesn't make me right or wrong or any better than any other member here. Unless you are some sort of forum mod but some people can be such control freaks.

Also speak for yourself if you want to be unpleasant to me instead using "we understand" like other members are ganged against me. Thank sweet Jesus for the foe list. Added.

Anyways I don't see any rave reviews about this book compared to NAP.

lefty
Practicus

Post#39 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Grab wrote:Well, you might be correct, and without trying it you will certainly not get any results. And we understand that with THAT attitude it WILL NOT work even if you did try it... :angelic

I hate two things about the book! The first one is the ridiculous naming of really basic things, and the second is that it assumes one is a total n00b in magick and need all that convincing. (This goes for almost all similar books, including NAP...)

(BTW, I recently ordered his "7 steps" book which came out much later in his life. I am guessing it is even more streamlined than this book.)

:goodpost (bold added by me)
Great post actually. I have the 7 Steps book. I think it is uneven and not well written, but he was apparently sick and maybe even eventually dying as he wrote it, so I am not judging at all. Some things I took from it, some things I tried and left, others I didn't use-- yet,anyway. But, I do see it as in the continuum of his works and thus it gives me insight into how I use NAP.

Sunshine
Neophyte

Post#40 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 pm

lefty wrote:

:goodpost (bold added by me)

Yet another goader or alias dumb A$$. The bait never worked LOL :toss
If you already know about NLP why "try" the book as it only sets one up for failure. e.g If you know NLP and claim to have extensive knowledge in NLP already why buy a basic NLP book. Kinda dumb isn't not?
And guess what I have no need to brag about my knowledge/lack of NLP esp. when the 2nd book is self explanatory for peeps in the real know about NLP. Perhaps Do your NLP home work and try harder next time.
Ciao! No more reply.