hebrew spelling of elubatel?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
armchairmage

hebrew spelling of elubatel?

Post#1 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:41 am

Hi all,

I've looked in the few references I have (including Godwin's Cabbalistic Encyclopedia), but no luck.
My best guess is (backwards)
aleph lamed vauv bet aleph tau aleph lamed = 471?
( ל א ת א ב ו ל א )

Any one able to correct me?

Thanks in advance.

A

Topic author
Ad Lucim

Re: hebrew spelling of elubatel?

Post#2 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Armchairmage

I was also working on the Hebrew spelling for Elubatel. After playing around with two alternatives - using teth instead of tau or starting with “heh lamed,” which also produces the “el” sound in Hebrew, I came up with the same spelling that you did.

The alternate spellings produce gematria values of 80, 84 and 475, using the standard mispar hechrachi method. None of these give satisfactory correspondences for the angel of omnipotence, corresponding to (among other things) Yesod and astral illusion, hard work and poverty, or paternal leadership.

It seems to me that 471 is the best gematria fit, corresponding to:

איתני : steadfast, strong, firm, sound, secure, steady, staunch, impregnable, substantial, unswerving, indissolubly, foursquare; mighty force.

אטימותה : impermeability, imperviousness.

אכלתך : : to eat, devour, burn up, feed; (Qal); to eat (human subject); to eat, devour (of beasts and birds); to devour, consume (of fire); to devour, slay (of sword); to devour, consume, destroy (inanimate subjects -; ie, pestilence, drought); to devour (of oppression).

תמלא : to fill, be full; (Qal); to be full; 1a fullness, abundance (participle); 1a to be full, be accomplished, be ended; to consecrate, fill the hand; (Niphal); to be filled, be armed, be satisfied; to be accomplished, be ended; (Piel); to fill; to satisfy; to fulfil, accomplish, complete.

אמידותי : prosperity, affluence, forehandedness.

הוקדשנו : be devoted, dedicated.

גאונותה : genius quality.

אלתם : goddess.

Some of these correspond quite closely to characteristics that came out in Elubatel evocations reported on EM.

Topic author
BrotherM

Post#3 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm

I did this several times and have not some up with something that I am happy with... from memory it is not the same as what you guys have. I will look and post up later

Topic author
Martialis

Post#4 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 pm

So what's the best spelling you think? Gematria aside I though it'd be A L V B T A L. I'm just wondering since I don't know of any other sigil for him (or the other Angels of Omnipotence) except the one Vovin posted so I was either going to use that one or construct my own.

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#5 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 pm

If you don't mind me asking, why would one need to convert demons/spirits names into hebrew? Does it hold more power? Assuming they they are said basically the same way? Is the conversion more for talismans? Again excuse my ignorance but I have yet to learn hebrew in this stage of my magickal career as it seems quite complex and not really useful in the magick I utilize thus far. Thanks for any comments on this.

Topic author
Martialis

Post#6 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Well Elubatel is a hebrew name or at least hebrew inspired. Hebrew letters also stand for numbers (they didn't have a separate set of symbols to represent numbers) which lead to such things like gematria. I'm feeling lazy so I'll leave gematria alone and let you google it ;). Aside from allowing things like gematria and notariqon, knowing the hebrew spelling allows one to construct sigils based on things like Aiq Bekar and the Planetary Kameas. Each of the twenty-two letters of the hebrew alphabet also have a variety of things attributed to them from colors, sounds, images, etc. All of these things provide further insight into names, formulae, etc. With this knowledge one is able to construct talismans, spells, rituals and other such things that resonate and are an expression of the particular name or formula. The process is mainly performed with hebrew words or names which for me is the most valid. Secondary to these are names or w/e found through meditation, pathworking, scrying, etc.

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#7 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:38 am

Makes sense. So its good to have for sigil creation(talismans) and understanding the deeper meaning. Thanks for the explanation.