How can I improve my NAP?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Morgan
Practicus

How can I improve my NAP?

Post#1 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I've been working with the pdf copy of NAP for some time, I haven't seen any great results yet. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, so I'll try to post my ritual here. If anyone has a suggestion, please, I'd be grateful. I had experience with magick before, but NAP is a tough nut to crack.

I always do the relaxation ritual (point A). When I read the words I really try to get into it, I feel relaxed, tired, and start to yawn.
After I've closed my eyes and tried to form an image of what it is I want, I perform the chant (to rekindle a mate's interest). I try to put my feelings into it, but usually when I perform this chant I'm calm. I hope Opiel knows my heart, though. After this I recite the bornless one ritual. I've tried deehaythooth but...not sure if I'm doing it right and if it even makes a difference.
Raum posted this prayer here in the NAP section (thank you!) to help making NAP workings more powerful, and I'll make it a habit to recite the prayer after my working with Opiel.
I don't have incense (yet) but I sacrificed vanilla scented perfume. I don't know if the spirit favours it, but it's my favourite scent in the world, and that gives it meaning.
What else can I do? Should I just carry out the ritual as I described it? How long will it take? Or is it really time to grow a pair and bring out the big guns? (...I'm already shitting myself)

thanks! Morgan

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Re: How can I improve my NAP?

Post#2 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 am

Er, when you start to yawn - it means you're not focused at the task
at hand - perhaps you can do the ritual when you are less tired.

Opiel? Shouldn't you be using Pagiel or even Anael & Jazar for this matter?
Technically, the Bornless rite should be done after Point A.
Vanilla scented perfume is from your symbol set, it has no meaning to an angel.
Try the basics doing Point A, and the rite you want to use and repeat 3x per
session - keep at it till it works.

If you are familiar with the pendulum divination from the book, you should be
checking after every ritual if it succeeded. The length can depend on how much
work the entity you conjured has to do, it's not *snap of finger* then change-o-
presto.

Good luck!

Topic author
Morgan
Practicus

Post#3 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 am

Thanks mr Black.

I guess I'm just inexperienced and really really need to stick with it and do the ritual every day, something I often don't. Perhaps incense would be a better offering?
I'll let you know when I get results.

Morgan

tai
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 am

As Mr. Black noted, you are doing the rituals in the wrong sequence. Its also important to include the NAP Central Pillar/Circulation of Light.

Here’s a sample structure:

1. Some form of banishing (LBRP or NAP Uncrossing Ritual)
2. NAP Relaxation Ritual up to Point A
3. NAP Central Pillar/Circulation of Light
4. NAP Bornless Rite (say 3x)
5. [insert the NAP ritual you are working on] (say 3x)
6. [some practitioners like to insert the Chant for Success here]
7. Dee Hay Thooth Seal of Success

Do the above for at least seven days in a row. Or until you achieve your goal.

I disagree with Mr. Black on a minor point:

I do all my divination PRIOR to the ritual. AFTER the ritual is done, I stop thinking about it and get on with my life. That allows intent to disperse into the unconscious/universe and start manifesting on your behalf. I find lusting after results via divination often undermines what went on before.

lefty
Practicus

Post#5 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 am

Mr. Black is right about yawning-- we're looking for relaxation and not sleepy time, but yawning is you're brain saying "I don't really care what you think you're up to, I'm getting some oxygen". So, if you yawn-- and I used to yawn while bench pressing, and I didn't understand what was going on-- I'd say you might not be too tired to continue with the relaxation part of the ritual, you just need to breath more efficiently so that you're getting the oxygen you need. You'll know the difference between too tired and just oxygen deprived. I used to work a very crazy shift schedule, and when I was getting too tired to work I would do some push ups or dips to get the blood going-- to distribute the oxygen. I'm not saying work out, but do something to wake the body back up before you start and then get into the relaxation. Muscles that are still sitting with the tension of the day won't really relax anyway, so some kind of movement is good to prepare for relaxation. where ever you feel tension, work to free it before you start.

mochagoddess38
Zelator

Post#6 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:08 pm

It's good to know that someone else yawned and what it meant. I've yawned when trying to relax and sometimes ended up falliing asleep :(

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#7 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:17 am

tai wrote:I disagree with Mr. Black on a minor point:

I do all my divination PRIOR to the ritual. AFTER the ritual is done, I stop thinking about it and get on with my life. That allows intent to disperse into the unconscious/universe and start manifesting on your behalf. I find lusting after results via divination often undermines what went on before.

Personally, I don't hold much thought regarding divination as a technique to
foresee the future - moreso as a information gathering tool. With that said,
you can see why I would do a reading after my ritual.

A successful ritual for me is giving everything I've got, mind, body & spirit
towards the intent - thus, if it is successful, then "lusting after results" would
be a moot point since I've given everything (even my lusting) towards the working.

Also, a more practical trainee mindset, I do a reading after to "set a point" in
my experiments/workings. It leaves off a certain feeling of uncertainty......
it's either they heard it or they didn't in comparison to did i do the ritual right? did
they hear my plea? what did i do wrong in the ritual, etc.