New to NAP start here

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

NiBo
Neophyte

Re: New to NAP start here

Post#61 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:18 am

Omnis Validus wrote:
NiBo wrote:Im invoking my Magic Mentor, in order to do so do I need to have my astral senses open or not?
My astral senses are not open and in the book Geoff Gray-Cobb says "listen" to your mind(for this I dont need astral senses, and last time i was doing NAP- invoking MM I didnt really got any response. I only got tickling of the and), this litlle confuses me as I have read other peoples expirience with Magic Mentor and if I understand them correctly they could her him. Should I demand to hear his voice or thought train?

Reread page 81, "WHAT TO DO AND SAY WHEN YOU MEET YOUR MAGIC MENTOR."

Practice of this exercise, and work in general with this section of the book, will improve your ability to converse with spirits over time (as long as you commit yourself to it's application).

X

Hi Thx I did that. I told him my problem and I think i got reply, he said to wait. But im not sure is it my MM or my mind playing with me. Anyway I will continue this exercise until I get more understanding response.

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#62 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 am

NiBo wrote:Hi Thx I did that. I told him my problem and I think i got reply, he said to wait. But im not sure is it my MM or my mind playing with me. Anyway I will continue this exercise until I get more understanding response.

It will just take time, and practice. Communicating with spirits develops much like any skill, and the simple technique that Gray-Cobb outlined for it in NAP will be a very good one to use when you first begin exercising this skill.

X
Ex Mea Sententia.

dark86
Neophyte

Post#63 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:18 pm

after reading some posts on here i got hold of the pdf and am impressed.....once i got past the sales-get-rich-talk.

i have some questions if that is ok....

1) i have been meditating for years and can go into trance or relax quickly, does this mean i can skip some of the NAP ritual?

2) i usually open meditation with circle and a LBRP - is it wise to do this and then do my NAP ritual within this? it feels so.

3) i prefer to sit in half lotus, so feel no need for the chair - anyone feel it is uber important?

4) some of the rituals seem a bit "service to self" and "hitting on others free will" - i suppose this is up to each individual how they use the book - i think every exchange has a consequence - do others use the book in a karmic way?

5) is it better to read the whole book before doing any of the rituals?

thanks all.

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#64 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm

dark86 wrote:1) i have been meditating for years and can go into trance or relax quickly, does this mean i can skip some of the NAP ritual?

The first and final parts, from "I am beginning..." to "...HAY," and "I call on thee..." to "...flooding to the surface." I feel are indispensable to this system if working by-the-book. The rest of the trance induction really is unnecessary if you can already make yourself go deep enough. Although, none of it is really necessary (imo/e - some others may disagree) to working with the entities listed throughout the book.

At the very least, though, calling upon the angel Arzel seems to be conductive to working with the others from what I've seen.

2) i usually open meditation with circle and a LBRP - is it wise to do this and then do my NAP ritual within this? it feels so.

If you feel it helps you then there should be no conflict.

3) i prefer to sit in half lotus, so feel no need for the chair - anyone feel it is uber important?

I do not. And most of the times I've used the methods in the book I've sat on a cushion or on the floor.

4) some of the rituals seem a bit "service to self" and "hitting on others free will" - i suppose this is up to each individual how they use the book - i think every exchange has a consequence - do others use the book in a karmic way?

This I feel is for you to decide on your own. If you personally feel something you are going to do will offend your own moral compass then you should either not do it, or examine it and your morals more closely.

In my understanding of Karma, it has less to do with cause and effect (which to some degree is natural with every action, and can be steered in a specific direction (imo/e)) and more to do with your personal attachment to your actions. (But let's not discuss this here further, and keep this thread on topic :) )

I would recommend reading the whole book, yes (even the cheesy parts :) ). I'm sure it is not necessary, but it will probably help you bring your mind to the proper place more easily, to conduct the rituals outlined in the book.

Best of luck,
X
Ex Mea Sententia.

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#65 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 am

I really wish I had ever heard of this book before this forum. I has not the money for it, but wow, I would love to have read it. I had to have known someone who knew this book. Prolly was in a room with a copy on a immensely filled bookshelf. I want to read it and experience it for myself, and see if I can analyze the metrics of it.

Someone should make a flash video animated commercial of the book, with 30% more real cheese and do the whole book in an impression of Billy Blanks as the spokesman.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

dark86
Neophyte

Post#66 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:19 am

Omnis Validus wrote:[
Best of luck,
X

thanks alot for your advice, i sort of felt the same but confirmation from another helps loads.

raum215 wrote: I has not the money for it, but wow, I would love to have read it.

two words; pdf search (though i am not condoning such an action).

MagusDivine
Practicus

Post#67 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:08 pm

dark86 wrote:after reading some posts on here i got hold of the pdf and am impressed.....once i got past the sales-get-rich-talk.

i have some questions if that is ok....

1) i have been meditating for years and can go into trance or relax quickly, does this mean i can skip some of the NAP ritual?

thanks all.

IMHO and Im also a beginner in this and could be totally wrong, NAP is a different system, your previous mastery of other meditative techniques can make your NAP rituals much easier and quicker to do but should not replace them

My humble and probably not so accurate advise would be to do NAP as is to start with, adapt later once you have had some results and familiarity
" and the multitude disillusioned with Christianity without compass or direction, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out " Albert Pike, 33rd Degree Freemason

bukili86

Post#68 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi, since I am totally new to this, I would put a few questions. Since I am from Serbia, is a book that I read in English or be translated. And how should I read such words, AH-NAH-FAX-EE-TONE if you can let me briefly explain one more thing you should know that. Thanks

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#69 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Vovin wrote:This post should help those new to the forum. I have highlighted points of Interest in regards to the New Avatar Power threads.

vovin, i am new to nap and enjoy the rituals because they do work. out of all magic it rates number one to me. it is just something interesting that came up on my first experience after doing my first ritual. the next day saint germain popped in my mind, after doing the mm the night before. a friend of mine always told me saint germain wanted to work with me. what do you think about this? thank you for your time on this.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Ariel
Neophyte

Post#70 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18 pm

summerland wrote:
Vovin wrote:This post should help those new to the forum. I have highlighted points of Interest in regards to the New Avatar Power threads.

vovin, i am new to nap and enjoy the rituals because they do work. out of all magic it rates number one to me. it is just something interesting that came up on my first experience after doing my first ritual. the next day saint germain popped in my mind, after doing the mm the night before. a friend of mine always told me saint germain wanted to work with me. what do you think about this? thank you for your time on this.

Hi friend

Just to answer from my own experience....my MM said my sanskrit soul name when i asked it's name, and it seems as if i have a much cleaner/open/stronger connection with my patron Boddhisattva since. For me it took a LOT of energetic adjustment to finally feel normal in this condition, due to a lot of energetic adjustments that resulted, but now i am feeling very strong, confident and plugged-in! :idea:

It will be interesting to see what else pops up here!

Best of luck!