Questions w/ success chant

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
jeejee

Re: Questions w/ success chant

Post#11 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Yes I have been reading up on it. From what I understand it used to actually be an exorcism but now is used to invoke your HGA. I have listened to Israel Regardie's recordings and am reading his small book entitled Ceremonial Magick. The reason it is so intimidating to me is so much has to be committed to memory.

Another question, I've been getting some unsettling feelings since I started to do the NAP. I think I'm sensing a presence and it doesn't feel good. I haven't done the ritual in 2 days. I had a series of very aggravating events unfold today. My sales have remained the same although it is too early to determine if this is working in my opinion. there are going to be promotions made in the next month or two. I'll keep posting.

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#12 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:01 am

jeejee wrote:Yes I have been reading up on it.

Cool! Because not to be rude but the roots of GG-C's book are out there, and you can fi8nd out lots if useful stuff. 8-)

I'll PM you a simple banishing, if I may.

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Post#13 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:30 am

We were discussing the pronounciation of the syllables in the names -- I don't research the names to determine how they are pronounced -- for background knowledge however, - yes. The slippery slide with googling for the purpose of research is that you get what you get -- it may not be credible information, unfortunately so I take it all with a grain of salt. I feel more comfortable when I know for sure that the source is credible.

I'm pretty sensitive and while I have gotten some negative vibes from reading certain texts, I've never gotten a bad feeling from any of the Geoff Grey-Cobb books. ;)

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#14 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:41 am

Super Celestials wrote:We were discussing the pronounciation of the syllables in the names -- I don't research the names to determine how they are pronounced -- for background knowledge however, - yes. The slippery slide with googling for the purpose of research is that you get what you get -- it may not be credible information, unfortunately so I take it all with a grain of salt. I feel more comfortable when I know for sure that the source is credible.

The possible sources for this one are Anaphenaton, and so on, so the reason I posted was the possible pronounication as "fox" might be too far away from the a/e sound - but vowels shift in languages as we all know, nonetheless the word Anaphaxeton is out there and there are sources - what works best is for the user to decide! 8-)

Super Celestials wrote:I'm pretty sensitive and while I have gotten some negative vibes from reading certain texts, I've never gotten a bad feeling from any of the Geoff Grey-Cobb books. ;)

Yup - he's a cutie! :wub

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Olorin
Zelator

Post#15 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:46 am

Greetings to you all...
The issue of pronounciation is one I've stopped worrying myself about. One reason for this is that many of the names used in the spiritual sciences are very old and in many instances from dead languages. Even where they aren't, knowing how someone said something way back when, becimes conjecture anyway, unless they left instructions. Then there is the seemingly inevitable corruption due to myriad things that occur over time through human error - or just the human factor, such as differing tongues, cultures, times, etc... For example, I was born in Norway of South African parents and have lived many places. My name gets pronounced very differently by different people in different places. This used to frustrate me at times as a kid, but I came to accept it and now I don't care. Now, Mei Ling from Beijing and Connor MacDougal from Glasgow and Hector Sifuentes from Havana and Sipho Dlamini from Durban, would give very different renditions of nearly anything you gave each of them to say - e.g. a performance of LBRP. People pronounce the Enochian words and names in many different ways and still get blasted with powerful energies.
Jeejee, say tomatoe. Now, Iron Orchid do the same... see..? ;)
I believe that these outer things are secondary to the intent of the practitioner. If you call the archangel Michael and pronounce the name as anyone would or if you approximate the way an Israeli would say it, you'd still be calling the angel if that's what you're set on doing.
Myself, I follow NAP as G.G.C. wrote it - I differentiate between the middle pillar ritual classic and the gates of power of NAP. The NAP bornless isn't the same thing as the bornless classic IMO. In this, I've taken the lead of those more expeienced than me (I'm quite the noob).
I'll never knock reaearch and the inights it can yield, but I downplay the importance of pronounciation. I think it's more important to be consistent once you choose a way of saying something.
People will believe anything - either because they wish it to be true,
or because they fear it might be so...

- wizards' 1st rule

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#16 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:57 am

Olorin wrote: One reason for this is that many of the names used in the spiritual sciences are very old and in many instances from dead languages. Even where they aren't, knowing how someone said something way back when, becimes conjecture anyway, unless they left instructions. Then there is the seemingly inevitable corruption due to myriad things that occur over time through human error - or just the human factor, such as differing tongues, cultures, times, etc...

:goodpost I do agree - the great vowel shift (wiki page) here changed things up, plus as you said regional accents: I talk with a fairly RP accent but I doubt that someone with a hard Cornish or Yorkshire accent is going to "not get through" because of that.

Still, it's fun to play round, I enjoyed (bearing in mind NAP was my first proper exposure to grimoire-based evocation) looking up backstories, but even then opinions vary on sources...

Re the pronounciation of Michael, I went to kiddie school with a boy who insisted on his name being said Mick-Ay-Ell, which I gather is a bit more Hebrew, so yeah it's one of those things. 8-)

IOx
Captain James T Kirk

Topic author
celestineremo

Post#17 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi All,

My name is Remo and I am from India, we don t get geof cobbs books in India. Do you know any site , where I can purchase his books in e format , or does any of you have his books in e format, which you could sell or lend it to me.

Warm Regards,
Remo

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#18 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:43 pm

buy it second hand like everyone else
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Neophyte
Practicus

Post#19 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Quote below extracted from website, also below:

Also, Geoff Gray-Cobb's daughter, Vicki, recently told me she would be re-issuing her father's books through Llewellyn sometime this year.

http://strategicsorcery.blogspot.com/20 ... power.html
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
Albert Einsten

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#20 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Neophyte wrote:Quote below extracted from website, also below:

Also, Geoff Gray-Cobb's daughter, Vicki, recently told me she would be re-issuing her father's books through Llewellyn sometime this year.

http://strategicsorcery.blogspot.com/20 ... power.html

great i would love to get one i have a pdf version i printed off. i wonder if this new addition would be revised? i have only been doing nap for a week now but i do feel a difference in attitude a more calmer effect. it would nice if the new book would have in the back how to correctly pronounce the names. no major things have happen but a lot of little nice surprises have. i seem to resonate with the book and enjoy seeing what would unfold. chant to bring success is one of my favorites.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "