Every Goddess is just a Sex Goddess

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
Astar_Mundi
Magister Templi

Every Goddess is just a Sex Goddess

Post#1 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:02 pm

I've noticed a trend in recent WcWiccan videos and articles I've read, of turning every single goddess into a Goddess of Sex. And then adding on her other attributes.

For example, I just watched a video on how Morrigan is really the "Celtic Goddess of Sex" because she's fiery. Clearly, because she's a woman, fiery means that she's wild in bed?? Good gods! Morrigan, an example of a Goddess of battle, warfare, death and dark magic...Nope, she's just a Sex Goddess who likes to play with swords and spears on occasion.

:jkj

If this isn't misogyny working at its finest, I don't know what is. The irony is that it is many female witches who seem to be doing it.

Sure, female goddesses probably like sex with the manly Gods...but that isn't the point, I'm noticing that Sex is made one of their major aspects, and their actual aspects are downplayed as secondary or equal to the Sex aspect.

Just another example of the simplifying of women into no more than body parts and better for nothing but Sex and all Sex related things like babies and motherhood.

:jkj
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Wholesome Adept Extraordinaire

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login