Could Magic Literally Change Time[lines]?

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
Manuel
Adeptus Minor

Could Magic Literally Change Time[lines]?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:39 am

Finished watching Primer, a nice movie about time travel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_%28film%29
Do you think people can cast spells to influence the past?
Basically spellcasting has future outcome as target, but what if the target was the present time.

Thoughts?

The idea of working with time energy feels like meddling with your own destiny in a profound way. Sometimes destiny has other plans than you, you can feel it's unstoppable force pushing events in a direction that you didn't expect and don't approve of. Could men actually do anything about it, by affecting the past?
Some of the spellworks described in the grimoires seem childish, the offices of some spirits a bit imature. Why the hell would I be interested to chat with angels and demons, or to open locked doors, or listen to divine music, or see damsels dance without clothes, if I can't do anything to set my life on the track that my consciousness feels it's right for me?
Last edited by Manuel on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your world is coming to an end. Do you think that the world you have known all your life is going to leave you peacefully, without any fuss or muss? No! It will wriggle underneath you, and hit you with its tail." C.C

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login