Sprinkling Powders, Laying Messes, and Throwing for People

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
TheRoadLessTravelled
Neophyte

Sprinkling Powders, Laying Messes, and Throwing for People

Post#1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:24 am

Here is how I throw powders in my Conjure:

When laying powders to draw in influence into a place, take the powders and walking as if you are sowing seeds (walking back wards), walk across the main threshold of the place and then lead into the interior of the place with your back facing the inside of the room.

As you walk sprinkle your powder and pray your desire. Start from the left of the threshold to the right and then enter through the right side.

When laying powders to remove an influence from a place or seal a place from harm (such as with fiery wall of protection powder), do the opposite, starting from the right side of the threshold and move to the left while sprinkling your powders and then throw what is left in your palm violently outward to the exterior of the place, in contrast to doing a cohesive line as above.

As you sprinkle, pray your desire.

When sprinkling powders for someone else, such as laying a mess for them to walk over be it for influence or for crossing, do a cross (as in like an X) in the place they are likely to step over or walk on, such as a place near their front door, or a common place they pass everyday etc. As you sprinkle, pray for your intent and make sure to emphasis their names.

The saying is, this is calling for someone (calling their name), and what you are doing is ensuring the powder you lay only affects them.

If you want to ensure that the powder catches them as they walk by. Wait until they cross your path, and have some powder on hand. As they walk by, subtly throw the powder behind them and whisper your prayer of intent and their name. This is called throwing for someone.

If you are unable to get into a house to lay a mess, you can always lay the mess on the exterior of their property if you are trying to influence the entire household. Lay snake lines from your direction to theirs, waving vertical lines that point to their direction.

You can also use this method to influence specific people in the household by making sure to call their names as you sprinkle the lines. But this may not be the most precise method.

I would recommend if possible, the best way to ensure that your powder sticks to someone specific is direct contact.

Dust your hands with the desire powder, and as you encounter the person next, reach over and give them a hug. Make sure to pat your arm on their backs and depending on the intent, move bottom to top if you are drawing something to them and top to bottom if you are trying to remove something from them.

Alternatives can include powdering their deodorant or mixing condition oils and dusting their perfume, giving them one type of powder masquerading as another, putting some in their laundry, etc.

If you find a mess has been laid for you, get some fear not to walk over evil powder or some at the very least black pepper and blessed salt. Sprinkle the powder over the mess in the same design it was laid in, moving always away from you, and get your broom and sweep the powder away from you off your property and if you can manage to a cross roads. Leave three pennies behind for the spirits of the roads and pray for them to move the trick away from you and your life, leaving you and yours safe from harm in body, mind, and soul.

Get home and either spray yourself clean or take a cleansing spiritual bath, and then spray or floorwash the heck out of your place.

Seal all thresholds with fiery wall of protection powder and then burn some blessing incense and pray Psalm 23 to draw in only benevolent forces into your life. Then pray the Our Father, and then Hail Mary.

To dust yourself or another person at their request, I would suggest mixing cutting raw herbs with flour when making the powder to help it stick.

Dust from the soles of the feet to the top of the head if you are drawing influences into the person.

Dust from head to feet if you are removing influences or sealing the person from harm.

Before a spiritual session, you can lay powders in the four corners of your room and then the centre of the room or your altar (alternatively do four corners of your altar and then the centre of the altar) ... for love spells to influence the relationship bed, instead of the centre, do the bed underneath and above.

This is called five spotting and seals an intent in place.

For offerings to the spirits, blow an appropriate powder to the four directions before doing a work (I do this in some of my personal work, the Lwa I personally work with as a non initiate seems to particularly enjoy this method, followed with sprays from my mouth with blessed or holy water, and personal intonation and song of their names and prayers I have learned for them).

-TRLTB

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login