Astrological insights for my fellow magicians

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Ad Astra

Astrological insights for my fellow magicians

Post#1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:35 pm

As mentioned in my introduction I have been practicing astrology long enough to seem miraculous to the uninitiated. In actuality I know only enough to "know how much there is yet to know". Real masters are old farts. In most fields.

I would like to offer my services to my fellow magicians.

While doing work for pedestrians is enjoyable, I am most interested in providing spiritual and practical insight into those on a spiritual path in general and working magicians in particular. For those that have yet to delve into these starry waters let me say that working with the planetary days and hours is helpful (if only psychologically motivating) but things really start to get interesting when you have the full corpus of ancient and modern knowledge and secrets on hand.

So, for those that would be interested, please send me your birth info (PM me if you would like to keep this private) and I will post some relevant natal points as well as some upcoming times of power. Include a brief summary of what archetypes/spirits/elements you are naturally drawn to and archetypes you would be working with in the near future. There is volumes of info that could be said so I will only be able to give bits as I only have so much time (and I tend to go off the deep end in terms of research so I have to be careful!)

Things I can look up for you other than general planetary activity/archetypes

-asteroids
-Fixed stars
-constellations (including and outside accepted zodiacal constellations)
-Arabian parts
-Midpoints

I can also lookup timing for use of lunar mansions if anyone is using Picatrix or other astrological grimoire systems.

So, for example, If you are interested in working with the fixed stars Sirius or Cygnus I can lookup times the transiting moon is conjunct, thus pouring it's light through Yesod into your temple in malkuth allowing you to "wish upon a star" knowing it's force is present. (see: Cygnus mystery for more info on Sub atomic particles from stars effecting human evolution. It's quite fascinating stuff and ripe for modern magical use, if you ask me)

Or, as another example, If you are drawn to Hecate I can look to see if the asteroid Hecate is near any sensitive birth points. I have found this form of "astromancy" to be quite informative in my own subjective experience.

Or, if you are planning significant ritual in the near future I can look to see when A full moon or eclipse is aspecting sensitive points in your natal chart. This is probably the most simple and powerful use of astrological magic in my experience. Days and hours, as I mentioned, are helpful mnemonic aides but using the full moon or Eclipse is outright POWERFUL Without fail, in my experience.

If anyone would like more in depth work (long term forecasts, full natal reports, ect) I may be interested in a trade in the form of spellwork of some sort.

Having said All that, Anyone interested in learning more should go to http://www.astro.com. It is one of the best free resources on the web, IMO. You can draw up natal charts, Look at transits and do most of what professional (and expensive) astrological software can do. check it out!

*In summary*

1) post or PM me your Birth info: Hour, day, year and location. The more exact the time the more exact my reading with be. Being off a few hours can significantly change your chart so check with your parents if you are unsure. Some birth certificates do not have the exact time of birth. I believe you can order a new certificate from your county that DOES have the birth time. there is a nominal fee for this.

2) If you like, Tell me what archetypes/energies/spirits/elements you are drawn to in generally AND/OR what you will be working with in the near future.

3) please let me know if you would like the report private as well.

4) feel free to speak up if I am wrong. I am always learning and mistakes are very helpful.

5) go to astro.com to learn more. Google is also your friend.

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login