Some Ideas About God by Ophiel

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Some Ideas About God by Ophiel

Post#1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:13 pm

Some Ideas About God
by Ophiel
(Edward C. Peach)

The general ideas about God are hardly faceable by the masses of people. I do not want to sound as if I am a non-believer -an agnostic- for I am not. I do believe that there is a basic 'First Cause' somewhere, but I am quiet sure the present widely held ideas of God as a type of Super-Man are quite wrong. As is the picture that Michelangelo painted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel show God as an old bearded man-like form clad in an undershirt, floating in AIR, and borne up by some other human form-like creatures called 'angels'. (These are not Jewish or Christian but belong to the ‘Zoroaster’ system of theology. These concepts the Jews picked up from their period of captivity in Babylon.)

God definitely is not material/physical and according to the system of the Caballa comes from outside the area of the beginning of the Tree of Life diagram. There are two rather interesting ideas/definitions, in the dictionary attached to this name 'demi-urgos', both of them are very thought provoking for us. Learn both of these definitions by rote.

1. A Platonic subordinate Deity who fashions the sensible world in the light of internal ideas.
2. A Gnostic subordinate Deity who is the creator of the material world.

It would seem from these definitions that more than likely an extremely spiritual, non-material God would have to work through some kind of agent. If he wanted to create and maintain a physical world of matter and thus this agent could well be considered a sort of half-God, ('Demi' meaning 'Half'.) Myths are full of stories of gods who begot, in various ways, children by mankind. Their children were usually boys who grew up to be heroes and 'saved' people from various dangers and thus were saviours. Corresponding in many ways to the basic story of Jesus Christ, whose mother, as you will recall, was 'overshadowed' by the most high and thus, ‘Jesus,’ was born of a virgin girl and not through the agency of a man/human.

The basic idea in writing this vignette about God is to try to arrive at some 'Idea' as to how to 'CONTACT' him (?) and get results from that contact -positive results and not just hit and miss actions, sometimes getting results and sometimes not, with no clear explanation either way. Obviously, as far as we can sum this up, if this Physical Plane universe is created and maintained by a non-physical, tenuous, (tenuous-ness), ethereal, null, obscure, un-concrete, chimeral, shadowy entity, how then can we possibly contact 'IT' directly with our prayers, for definite material things or material actions. WELL, in view of our knowledge of the nature of the 'First Cause' we would say that it just could not be done.

Yet there, ‘are’ undisputed evidence all through history that prayers are answered, many times, and we note this fact, acknowledge it, and leave it for now. On the other hand Hitler shoved 6,000,000 Jews into the gas chambers and this God apparently did not lift a finger to save them. Yet the Jews still worship this God. I have no real answer but this vignette is an attempt to search for an answer of some kind. The Jews worshipped a single God only, while other peoples had a multiplicity of Gods and Goddesses.

However, the Jews had the system of the 'Caballa' and if you read and study Dion Forutne's book, 'The Mystical Qaballah'. You will find that each of the Sephirah has a different 'NAME OF GOD' attached to it, and this name describes the nature/quality of God, functioning in that particular sephirotic location. (You had best study this for yourself, as it is too long for this little article.) Now, the catch is that when these different names of God were translated, the translators not having any 'Occult' insight translated all these different names of God as just one name- God-. So the inner meaning/distinction was lost completely in the translations. All this still leaves the original question about God, and if there is an, 'agent?' of God?

Well, there does appear to be some indication that there exists a system of contact with 'THE GOD' that does function throughout the physical Cosmos, (The Physical Cosmos, not the preceding "Spiritual" Cosmos.) and that 'he' can be 'contacted' and 'persuaded' to grant your prayers and desires. (See my book on Creative Visualisation.)

This God agent, the ‘demi-urgos,’ the half- god, can be identified as the 'Astral Light'. The 'Astral Light' flows into this Physical Cosmos form 'beyond'. It is basically the five (fold) Elemental Forces in One. Another name for this is Prana - the Four Elemental Forces Air, Fire, Water, Earth and the bowl, Akasha, into which they are poured. (Another name for the Holy Ghost.) In my book 'The Art and Practice of the Occult' I go into this subject somewhat more deeply. I do not mean to hustle you to buy my books but the information is in this book, and my other books.

The Astral Light is the Agent = the great Magickal Agent for the First Cause God and this Physical Plane. It should be getting clear to you now as to why Creative Visualisations can and does work, as well as ordinary prayer does. It is you, 'YOU WORKING ON THE ASTRAL LIGHT', that does it. YOU, working on the demi -(half)- God, that does it. And it is your working through your sub-conscious mind that IS your connection with the half-God.

It is my desire that after each of these Vignettes you are to hand draw a Tree of Life, indicating on your drawing, the place where the subject matter in the Vignette pertains too. Some of these Tree of Life indications are not too clear, but do your best. As you progress and find that you were not correct in your first attempt, change the indications as you learn more.

© Edward C. Peach
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login