What is Lilith?

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Jadziya
Philosophus

What is Lilith?

Post#1 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:16 am

About a year ago, I started doing evocations/invocations to Lilith, both out of curiosity, and because I felt pushed that way after some of my Astaroth work.

I would like to ask, in the view of people who have done this before, objectively/experientially speaking, what are you connecting to when you connect to Lilith?

(That is, an explanation which does not rely on the Judaeo-Christian account of Adam, Eve, and Adam's first wife, or any sort of religious belief or text at all. For instance, are you connecting to a land spirit, an aspect of divinity, an egregore, a parasitic entity, a demon, etc? I understand we might not all use those terms the same way, just putting some ideas out there.)

I have been trying to better understand my experiences.

Presumably, the means that one uses to go about summoning Lilith affects what shows up. I first made a sigil which I found online and recited "Lilith" over it. I also experimented with reciting the "demonic enn" which is quite popular. Thirdly at some point I just turned inward and focused intently on the essence of what seemed to show up, to reconnect to it.

I do not have any guarantee that the same thing answered each time that I got a response. However, my gut feeling is that my experiences seemed divided between a Lilith egregore (one which is built out of the story of Adam's first wife and a seductress archetype, and which is linked to the sigil), and linking into some sort of archetypal dark feminine energy with intelligence.

I was also warned off of doing Lilith evocations by no less than 3 beings, one of which actively attempted to break my link. This has never happened to me before and makes me wonder more what was going on - was it just a question of incompatibility and current clash, or a warning worth heeding?

This topic has 40 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login