Interesting Results with Gallery of Magick books

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Fra Farley
Neophyte

Interesting Results with Gallery of Magick books

Post#1 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:18 pm

Given my interest has always been in traditional Solomonic approaches, I would never have believed I would ever read these books, but after reading a couple people here like S+A say they had results with them, and finding myself in a living situation for a few months where I don’t have the space and privacy for more elaborate practices, I decided to give a couple books a try. I’ve been working with Archangels of Magick and Demons of Magick. To my surprise, the results have been amazing.

For example, I’ve been trying to sell my apartment. After several weeks, hadn’t had a single offer. I did ritual one from DoM calling on Purson to ‘sell it quickly for a profit’, and within 3 days had an accepted offer for ~$50K more than other apartments in the area of similar size, many of which are newer and have better views.

In another instance, my wife has a huge amount on her plate right now, and was constantly behind on everything she needed to do. I did the AAoM ritual with Metatron to make more time available, and from the very next day she was completing everything, with seeming time to spare. However, I noticed she was still very stressed by the workload on her, so another 5 minute ritual with Raphael to relieve stress, and the results were just as immediate with a huge improvement to her mood. I didn’t tell her I was doing this either.

I could go on with more examples, but those are the ones that stuck out to me the most. I will say though that even some of the more subtle operations, such as the Greater Calling, have given me interesting results. While it still follows the recipe book approach of all GoM books, the Archangels of Magick book does actually have a lot of material to explore in it that goes beyond point and click for this result.

The biggest overall lesson I have taken from this work is the GoM’s insistence on having a sincere desire for the result, and letting that be the primary motivation, not performing the operations for curiosity’s sake. My primary motivation in approaching magic in the past has been primarily to investigate it for its own sake. I’m not sure if following this principle is what is making this work so well compared to my past endeavours, but it does seem to make a difference.

Despite the success, I still feel that the treatment of spirits like wish granting genies found through most of these books is a base way to approach them.
Their evocation methods promise a deeper level of engagement, though that’s one thing I haven’t been able to get off the ground yet. Evocation is what drew me to magic in the first place, although despite many, many attempts, I haven’t gotten traditional methods to work yet either. I’m probably going to spend the next few months working with the evocation methods given in these two books, seeing as the rest has worked so well. The GoM methods don’t require the same huge commitments of time and space for each operation, so should be able to make lots of attempts. I’ll update the thread if I get anywhere with this. Nonetheless, I haven’t given up on getting traditional methods to work when I have the space and privacy needed again.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login