Symptoms of inhaling vital force

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
blindwake
Zelator

Symptoms of inhaling vital force

Post#1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm

I'm thinking of 'vital force' in the sense of IIH, but this probably applies generally to the accumulation of 'energy'.

What do y'all notice when you inhale / accumulate vital force?

The first thing I notice is how my depth perception cranks. The best way I can describe it is as a difference between actual 3D sight vs pseudo 3D with perspective. Normally, I can identify distance based on how big an object is, but this doesn't work well for points that are really close together like on a very slight curve.

The best example is faces. Normally, I can only identify the tiny angles on a person's face if they're really close. As distance increases, their face begins to resemble a flat plane. When accumulating vital force, the distance before a face looks flat is greatly increased. It kind of makes everything 'pop'. Like my view frustrum has been extended.

It also seems to produce a sort of 'river' throughout my volume. It's like something is flowing, and it tries to carry my emotions with it, making me more sensitive to things. It's almost a functional antidepressant.
The ability to think can be corroded. The thoughts themselves never break down.
Occult as in hidden, not conspiracy. I'm Paper Mario, asking the cubes to do things.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login