Expanding usable thought space

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
blindwake
Zelator

Expanding usable thought space

Post#1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:31 pm

I've been enumerating the things I can add and remove to my experience. Most of that is just colors, sounds, the usual. But when I started trying to reach outside of the what I had, I realized that I could only use what I had.

It was like, if my reality is on a 1D line, my usual experiences move right and left, so no matter how I combined them, I could only go left and right. But I wanted to go up and down.

I've been studying "space" magick a bit, and I think I understand what it's like to see in full 3D (all sides of a cube at the same time), but going farther seems impossible. 3D is simple because I can get all the data needed by walking around an object, but I've never walked around a 4D space, so I don't even know what parts I'm missing.

Space, at least, I can think of in terms of dimensions and math. But I can't seem to get a new color no matter how I mix the existing ones. New "types" of information seem hard to reach. Which is interesting, because I bet light came before eyes, a place before a sensor, and I doubt I even knew how to see what I do now before consciousness was human.

Frankly, I'm not sure it's even safe to pull new data types into earth space. Might be more practical to travel.

Any insight?
The ability to think can be corroded. The thoughts themselves never break down.
Occult as in hidden, not conspiracy. I'm Paper Mario, asking the cubes to do things.

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login