The House of God/Book of Beth

Qabalah, Kabbalah, Cabala, Gematria, Tree of Life Path-working, and light Philosophical / Religious discourse.

Topic author
Frater Yechidah
Adeptus Minor

The House of God/Book of Beth

Post#1 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:43 pm

Ave All,

I would like to share with you something that I discovered last May:

This morning I awoke from sleep having experienced a "revelation". I could not explain why or how, but I had a diagram of the House of God in my head, and I know that I had been working on this throughout the night via the astral (based on something I read the night before). Here is what I came up with and my explanation of it:

Firstly, note the quotation from the Bahir, a Qabalistic text. This was what originally sparked this whole thing, though I did not actually consider any of what was to follow at the time. It resonated enough with me, however, for me to continue musing about it throughout the night (in sleep).

Firstly, the Bahir mentions the "house" of the King (the King being God). The hebrew word for house is Beth, the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Beth is the House of God, the container, as it were, while Aleph could be seen as God Himself, as potential.

As all things should, my "vision" started with a foundation. This was the foundations of the House of God, which I quickly realised was Yesod ("Foundation"). This, of course, meant that the Tree of Life itself is the House of God.

Because Malkuth acts as a "pendulum" to the rest of the Sephiroth, it followed that it would be the Basement of the house. A veil between the physical (Malkuth) and the astral (Yesod) is seen by the fact that you need to use a stairs to get from the basement to the bottom floor of the house, which rests on the foundations.

The bottom floor is made up of Hod and Netzach, with another veil lying before Tiphareth. Tiphareth is located on the "threshold", where lies another veil (Paroketh), and this is where the stairs to the top floor lies.

The top floor is made up of Geburah and Chesed (and Tiphareth), with another veil lying at Da'ath. This is where the stairs to the attic lies, where the three Supernals are found (being the roof of the house).

It is notable that the chimney lies above Kether, as it is, in essence, part of Kether, since Kether is the Crown, and the Crown lies on top of the head. Likewise, the chimney lies on top of the roof.

Connected to the chimney are three puffs of smoke (from the fire of the letters [paths] burned within the house) which become clouds of varying sizes. These are the Three Negative Veils of Existence, and a cloud is a perfect image for each of these veils.

The colours are added merely as a visual aid - they have no real bearing on the content of the "vision".

Fr. Neshamah provided some feedback on this:

There should also be a set of stairs up to Kether. This is the "Veil of the Presence" and it separates Kether from the other two Supernals. It makes perfect sense if one thinks about it.

Thus I emended the image:

I like the idea of the "Veil of the Presence" - that makes perfect sense with how the Supernals operate (with the common-held conception that Kether cannot be fully grasped, compared to the other Supernals). I think there is a way we can incorporate this easily into the diagram given, and that is by seeing Kether in the rafters of the roof (the highest part of the roof [not to mention Kether's extension into the Chimney, which leads to the Three Negative Veils, which are, or lead to, the other side of God, since God is seen in profile in Kether]). A ladder (or stairs) can be used to get from the Attic (Binah and Chokmah) to the Rafters, where Kether resides.

Here's an amended image, with the original pattern I had for the Three Negative Veils (notice how they are "inversed" in the first image - you may also note this in various graphics of the Tree of Life), and also the rafters and stairs addition for Kether.

And here is attached the Book of Beth, which discusses much of this in depth.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.
Attachments
The Book Of Beth.pdf
(64.9 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login