Did Dee and Kelly practice enochian magic?

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
peking
Neophyte

Did Dee and Kelly practice enochian magic?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Hello,

I have thought some time about this, and would like to discuss it with you as my first post on this forum.

According to the book "Enochian magic for beginners" by Donald Tyson, enochian magic was never intended to be practiced by Dee and Kelly in their time. They were waiting for permission to do so by the angels, but that permission was never granted.

It seems that the angels wanted to transmit the enochian magic to the human race through Dee and with Kelly as his phone line but that they never intended them to use it. The angel Mapsama obviosly promised them too much:

Mapsama: - You called for wisdom, God hath opened unto you, his Judgement: He hath delivered unto you the keyes, that you may enter; But be humble. Enter not of presumption, but of permission. Go not in rashly; But be brought in willingly: For, many have ascended, but few have entered. By Sunday you shall have all things that are necessary to be taught: Then (as occasion serveth) you may practice at all times. But you being called by God, and to a good purpose.
Dee: - How shall we understand this Calling by God?
Mapsama - God stoppeth my mouth, I will answer thee no more.

Even though the angels demanded wows of silence from Dee before giving him the knowledge, it is obvious because of the strange series of events for the manuscripts to show up later on, that they were wanted to be found.

I stumbled into a strange coincident when I watched the movie Elizabeth: The Golden Age and at the same time was reading one of Dee's diaries. Now to my point:

In 1588, Philip II of Spain sent the spanish armada in order to overthrow Elizabeth I (John Dee's queen). The mission was a failure and they lost the battle, much thanks to a great hurricane at the time of battle that the spanish ships weren't built to withstand. Philip II supposed to have declared, "I sent my ships to fight against the English, not against the elements". To commemorate the event in England, medals were produced with the inscription "Flavit Jehovah et Dissipati Sunt" (Jehovah blew with His wind and they were scattered).

In "Quartus Liber Mysteriorum", Dee writes about his first encounter with Befafes (one of the heptarcic princes) on the 16th of November 1582:

"The next (or third) sayd, I am the Prince of the Seas: My powre is uppon the waters. I drowned Pharao: and haue destroyed the wicked. I gaue life unto the seas: and by me the Waters move. My name was known to Moyses. I liued in Israel: Beholde the tyme of Gods visitation. I haue measured, and it is 8. This is a mysterie. God be mercifull to his people. Behold, Behold Lo, behold, my mighty powr consisteth in this. Lern wisdome by my words. this is wrowght for thy erudition, what I enstruct thee from God: Loke unto thy charge truely. Thow art yet deade: Thow shalt be reuiued. But oh, bless God truely: The blessing that God giueth me, i will bestow uppon thee by permission.

O, how mighty is our god which walked on the waters: which sealed me with his name, whose Glory is without ende. Thow hast written me, but yet dost not Know me. Use me in the name of God. I shall at the tyme appointed be ready. I will manifest the works of the seas, and the miracles of the depe shalbe knowne."

Later, on the next day, Dee speaks to the prince Hagonel regarding the King of Spain (Philip II):

"Dee: Yf I wold haue the King of Spayne his hart to be enclined to the purpose I haue in hand, what shall I do?
Hagonel: First Cast thyne ey unto the Generall prince, Gouernor of Angel that is principall in this world. Secondly consider the circumstances of thy Instruction. Thirdly, place my name, whome thow hast all ready. Fowrthly, the name of him, which was shewed thee yesterday, whose garments were short, and of purple."

Three days later (November 20), more is revealed about the powers of Befases and king Babalel regarding water:

"Behold, Behold, Behold: All the motion of the waters, and the saltnes thereof is equally assured by us. We giue good success in battayles, reduce ships & all manner of vessells that flote uppon the seas: Our make is great. Muse not, For whan the seas are troubbled, with the wickedness or uprore of man, our Authoritie giueth victory from him that is most Victorious. Fishes and Monsters of the sea, yea all that liueth therein, are well known with us. Behold, we are (generally) the Distributers of Gods Judgements uppon the waters that couer the earth.

This was spoken 6 years before the defeat of the spanish armada and I don't believe in weird coincidences. Dee explicitly asked the angels on how he could deal with the King of Spain. My belief is that he did so, and that the angels were on Englands side in that battle.

What do you think?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login