First Steps in Enochian

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
themooreshow

First Steps in Enochian

Post#1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:39 pm

I've been practicing magic regularly for about 2 and a half years now. I understand the theory very well. I'm profficient in the Pentagram and Hexagram Rituals, the Middle Pillar, the Rose Cross, and Regardie's Opening by Watchtower and I've done the Bornless ritual a few times as given in Liber Samekh. Now much of this time I've been intrigued by Enochian and many times felt compelled to start learning the system, but I've resisted because I've always been told that is something that is beyond my experience. Lately though it has felt more pressing. I've been daydreaming about the Wonderworkers Ring especially. On top of that, my magic has gotten pretty stale. Until recently, I haven't been able to properly do any Pathworking on the Tree of Life even though that was one of the first skills I learned and did quite extensively. Last night, I felt compelled to do a Pathworking on Malkuth and speak to Sandalphon whom I used to go to often for advice on how to move forward (just cause I've dealt with her more than anyone else). I did the proper Banishings and Invokings and managed to enter the Malkuth Temple. This was much stronger than it had been in a long time. It felt like it used to a year and a half ago when I was getting my best results. I asked Sandalphon what is the best course of action to take next in order to facilitate Knowledge and Conversation with my HGA. I got a fuzzy answer at first mentioning honing my scrying skills (I'm thinking that it was my subconscious filling in the blank with something that seemed to make sense). I asked her to repeat herself and she said, this time more clearly, to start working with the Table of Nalvage. She said this would open the keys to Enochian Magic and the Aethers for me.

Now I'm not 100% convinced that it wasn't my subconscious filling in the answer for me (as it had done the first time), but it did seem very convincing seeing as how I've never worked directly with Enochian asside from the Opening by Watchtower and the SRP's. I've looked into it a bit and have some basic background knowledge, but certainly not enough to know exactly what I'm doing.

Also, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it seems strange that I would be told to work with the Table of Nalvage as a starting point. I thought that one would start by scrying on the Elemental Tablets and move on to some Aetheric working before experimenting with the Table of Nalvage.

So my question has two parts: What were some other people's first attempts at working with Enochian Magic? And does it seem probable in your experience that one could start with the Table of Nalvage? Thanks.

Edit: Another question that gives me doubt is that I don't even know that the Table of Nalvage is supposed to do for me. I don't think I could successfully perform a ritual without a clear picture in my head of what the goal of it is. Anyone able to help me with that?

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login