"The 72 Angels of Magick" workings

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Herr Mess
Neophyte

"The 72 Angels of Magick" workings

Post#1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:33 pm

This year I have done four workings (4 x 11 days) according to "The 72 Angels of Magick" by Damon Brand. I have found this book and G.o.M. after another set of workings of more traditional nature and decided to test it at once.
At first I didn't trust the author, Damon Brand, and the whole brand created around this name :mrgreen: It looks like a ghostwriter or a group of ghostwriters working under one, skilled mage. The names are like John Doe style, transparently pen-names. I can not estimate, if the style is also the same tasteless, someone more proficient in English probably could do it. I was concentrated on the core.

I started searching and I found a lot of positive opinions, then I bought "Demons of magick". The content of that book convinced me that the author (or authors) know something and is some way innovative. I decided to try G.o.M., but starting from something lighter, so I chose "The 72 angels".
Three of my four workings were dedicated to general development, new knowledge, insights etc. One was more specific, I wanted to cure not big, but annoying injury of my wrist.
I decided to make it all serious, nothing like "little rite between a dinner and Netflix session".

My setup was almost the same all the time:
- an altar (I use a double cube GD style altar)
- one white candle
- a bell
- a dagger
- a bit of frankincense
- a lamen/sigil of the angel and the Shem lamen provided by G.o.M.
- and the text on a separate sheet of paper. Even when I learned the text by heart I kept it on paper as a backup.
For three times I didn't have a physical circle. For the fourth rite I used a rope as a circle, it's diameter was, more or less, 9 feet. I didn't want to use any kind of traditional circles, which are dedicated to specific workings.

My schedule was also repetitive:
- Opening the temple
- LBRP
- Lighting the candle and the incense
- Middle Pillar Ritual
- Optional part: Sword Banishing
- The ritual as described in "The 72 Angels"
- No banishing after calling the angel. Only cabalistic cross and closing the temple. License to depart is included in the original ritual of G.o.M.
- a short (5 - 10 min) meditation, standing or sitting.

Now the most interesting part ;) The results.
In my opinion the three workings (let's call it "knowledge workings") provided me a lot of new material to study, including my presence on this forum, which I discovered not long after the last ritual. There is one important thing I must mention. Brand says that you can feel some kind of presence during the ritual. I haven't felt anything like this. There was no presence you can feel during traditional workings like DSIC for example. BUT after a ritual I was feeling a very strong transmission of energy onto my spine, from the skull to the middle of the body. The feeling was actually strong and incomparable to anything else, so I do not find it something called here UPG, that was a physical feeling. Not the same strong every time but undoubted. I also feel that after these workings my mind is more clear, more capable of analytical tasks.
The fourth working, to fix my wrist was a fail. There was no any energy transmission. Some day I felt something like a very high frequency sound and felt a "click" in my wrist, but it didn't repair it. So - there was some kind of contact, but with no success...

Anyway. I find the method working. Maybe not as effective as described by the followers and enthusiast of G.o.M, active on Amazon and in the net in general, but I like it for relative simplicity. I'm going to test other workings of G.o.M., but I do not find this kind of magick very valuable for developing sb. skills unless it is not dedicated to this specific goal.
That is my modest reflection after 44 days spent with "The 72 Angels of magick".

Have a nice evening! :)
I'm just a journeyman on my journey.

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login