A strange quirk with the Mystic Grimoire

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

A strange quirk with the Mystic Grimoire

Post#1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:09 pm

This may or may not be interesting, depending on how closely you follow the MG's timing suggestions, particularly for the ritual section of the book. I do follow the timing suggestions, but I've observed that, 9 times out of 10, something intervenes to prevent me from doing the magic. It's either that circumstances change by the time I get ready to work or I come up with a more preferable working for the same result or something else gets in the way.

This has been happening for years. I've tracked it passively through my magical journals and logs, just to determine whether it is really a thing or just something my paradolia is calling forth in retrospect. But I do think it's something overt and magical. I've had good results with the MG and have not sensed any unpleasantness when I interact with the text or the energies I call forth with it. Also, I own a hard copy with an original (plus Brother BB's) talisman set. So that's not an issue, either.

It fascinates me. My question here is whether anyone has had this experience or one like it with a different magical book. :)
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login