Planetary Evocation Circle

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
themooreshow

Planetary Evocation Circle

Post#1 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

So for the longest time I've had trouble with my attempts at evocation, and part of it I think has to do with having a hard time connecting to the ritual emotionally. I have the same problem with most types of magic. With other magic, the solution has always been to create my own rituals, but with evocation I found that a little intimidating. From my perspective, it seemed a little like trying to construct a nuclear bomb from household materials.

I've decided to take the risk now, and create new rituals from the ground up. I figure the easiest and safest way to do this is to start with planetary/angelic evocation. I've started with the Magic Circle. Please forgive the crudeness of the art. Most of this was freehand. I wanted some feedback from more experienced people on the construction of the circle, partcularly using both Hebrew and Enochian characters. I have good reason for this, but I still wonder if it's just a bad idea in the first place. Let me explain.

Obviously, I've got the Planetary Seals on the outside. You may notice them facing inward. This represents the forces I am calling forth to show themselves to me. Then I have the Divine Names associated with each of the planets in Hebrew, facing outward. This is the authority I weild which they must answer to. Then inside of that, I have the names of the elements from the Tablet of Union. My reason for doing this is because of a philosophy that the mind of man acts as a prism, dividing pure light into categories (as it is in our nature to do) or into the forces of the 7 planets. Just as the many Gods of polytheism are just different faces of the one God, so too are the planets different faces of the one true divine, most effectively expressed by the balanced forces of the elements. I believe this can be no better expressed than with the Tablet of Union.

This circle is a work in progress. I'm thinking about maybe putting the Shemhamphorash around the outside to represent the entire universe with myself in the exact center, but that's a little labor intensive, and I would rather make a definite decision about whether I want to keep the Enochian in the center. What do you think.
Attachments
Evocation Circle.jpg

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login