About Papal Magic - by Simon

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
AskingAvA
Zelator

About Papal Magic - by Simon

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:52 am

Hello everybody.
So, there is this book I want to order but would like some advice and insight on it.
The book is called Papal Magic - Occult practices within the Catholic Church - By Simon.
This is the same Simon who wrote and published the Simon Necronomicon.
I did do research on this forum before starting this post, so its not a stupid thread I started.
I gathered it includes the Grimoire of Pope Honorious III, which seems to try to link Ceremonial Magic with the Catholic Faith. Seeing the title of the Grimoire (Pope H)
From what I gathered this Grimoire deals solely with demons? Is this true?
I would like to know because I do not want anything to do with demons and the magical evocation of them.
My intention in Ceremonial Magic lies chiefly with the angels and seeing that angels and the Catholic Faith are my two favourite things, it would be cool to see how they are combined in this book, whether they are or not?
I would like to know how much does this book by Simon have to do with angels and angel magic in general. When I say that I mean, practically, with rituals and the like - as opposed to it just being a historical analysis of angels with just theory and no practice.
Can someone please help me on this?
I also think it would be cool idea to get a discussion going on about this book.
Thank you.

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login