Lower Guardian Angel

The Evocation and Invocation of Angelic and Planetary Spirits.

Topic author
Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Lower Guardian Angel

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 pm

This topic started on another thread:
Gordon Finn wrote:I just remembered. If you want to get help with material desires and acquiring material things, one of the places to look to is you 'lower guardian angel'. You 'experience' the LGA, like one experiences the HGA, but the process is different. The moment of transition between being awake and sleeping is the best place to 'invoke' If there are ever any feelings, thoughts, etc. that you remember, as if you were awake during the dream and they are the same thoughts you have when your mind wakes up (think of it like having one thought, as you move through the doorway between 2 rooms or your house door and the outside), that is a 'conscious thought' of the LGA. It is not your subconscious because there are varying levels of your un/subconscious, which would eventually include the HGA when you go deep enough and we are making a distinction here of something separate from that.

The LGA is hardly written about and is in control of your daily life in the material realm: your job, friends, etc. The best place to learn more about your LGA (outside of meditating and 'invoking' it, as you would the HGA or evoke some other spirit to talk to), is to look to what your power/totem animal is. Look to animism practices, such as american indians. There are variations to which animal is attributed to people's particulars, so you'll have to search out which one is you. And just as there are north and south moon nodes, there is another totem animal that helps be complimentary to you. In my case, one of the systems attributes the bear to me, but also in my case (not necessisarily attribute complimentary), the 'opposite' for me right now is the mountain lion.

There are many ways multiple animal pairings can work together and it all depends on the situation. For me, while bringing forth the bear attributes to the forefront of my mind is very comfortable and natural, there is a synchronicity somehow, someway the 'mountain lion forces' have with my bear state that makes it a real good fit when I invoke it consciously.

Martialis wrote:On a more serous note. You're quite right about the 'LGA' (no it's not LaGuarida Airport!) I've only seen it written about once and it's funny you should bring it up as I was just musing about it a few days ago after forgetting the concept totally for a long time. I don't remember where I read it but I know the person was talking about the LGA being associated with Lunar (Yesod) motifs in the same way that the HGA is associated with Solar motifs. I think the LGA was viewed as a further (assuming one has attained the Vision in Malkuth) foreshadowing or something of the HGA. Maybe we should start a thread on this as there should be more material available on the LGA if it's a 'legit' part of the magician's development.

The LGA would be a manifestation of the HGA in the 'grossest'/material sense and can be seen as a simplified, general reaction we have to things. Animism does attribute all things with spirits, from animate to the inanimate. And all of our 'buried' reactions and causes when combined do come out as certain things. Many of us spend so much time worrying about what's underneath, they don't see how it all looks together. Since there isn't that much that I could find published online or not specifically on the LGA, I'd say the best might be the general components of animism, element theory, modern psychology and sociology.

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login