Using two energy systems at once? Chakra and sephiroth?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Variance

Using two energy systems at once? Chakra and sephiroth?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Is it okay to work out of two books at once, using the chakra system and the qabalistic sephiroth system?

(I've been using NAP, but want to know if it's okay to use NIP as well.)

rif
Practicus

Re: Using two energy systems at once? Chakra and sephiroth?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with using two at once. There's an old thread here somewhere where people discuss their experiences combining the two; try searching for Al Manning, perhaps. The discussion was about Al's BPDE, or Basic Psychic Development Exercise. In Ishtar you sensitize the chakras with the hands and the entities, whereas the BPDE is all in the mind and the person.

That said I think it also depends on your personal makeup. For me, one or the other worked better, and I can't say I did well with both at the same time. I got better results with the Middle Pillar in general than the BPDE chakra exercise, so I dropped the latter. Right now I'm working with a five-chakra system (reminiscent of the MP) that works better for me than the MP, which in turn seems less effective for me now.

So try both, and if they both work great. If not, feel free to stick with what resonates better.

EHE1EH
Neophyte

Post#3 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 pm

If my understanding is not too far off, the Middle Pillar is based both on the chakras and the sephiroth. ..so that would answer the question in itself, right?

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#4 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 pm

rif wrote:I don't think there is anything wrong with using two at once. There's an old thread here somewhere where people discuss their experiences combining the two; try searching for Al Manning, perhaps.

There's a thread here about the same (ish! :) ) question: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1999.

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Fio Praeter Humanus
Philosophus

Post#5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 pm

I've used the NIP's "Prosperity Pentagram rite" with NAP's "Invocation of Success" with great results.