Pronunciation of Words of Power

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Re: Pronunciation of Words of Power

Post#21 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm

talerman wrote:
I appreciate what you said. And I think that you are mostly correct. And I have been also thinking like that most of my life. And I am still thinking that way, but, there is a but... :D

If you nailed the right pronunciation, the results might be astonishing and totally out of expectation!

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, but I keep coming back to people who have a speech impediment, or people who are deaf and have never heard how a word is pronounced. How would the spirits react to these people?

Look, for example, before this topic and another similar topic I pronounced Shaddai El Chai with ch like "children", "chance", "change", etc. Wrong!
It should be pronounced "sh", like in "shop", "share", etc...

See the comments above ;)

We'll never stop learning magic.

Nope and for the people reading, please don't let pronunciation stop you from the attempt. Try it and see how it works for you and tweek it from there.

And if I may follow up with just what Gilberto said, I really think that our American friends should try to do their best not to conjure angels and demons with American accent :) No offence, but it really sounds sometimes funny...Though it might be a good idea for a woman to conjure a demon with a sexy French accent...ohhh...evocation would succeed, but I don't wanna think about the results :D

It was recommended that I try using a Transylvanian accent, but I don't want to get hit in the head by any spirits that don't like my best Lon Chaney or Bela Lugosi impression (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVPxAgy7lBA). Oh and do American accents sound as strange as a Canadian accent? American's say "about" while Canadians say "aboot."

I would generally suggest Latin language pronunciation - I think that all of us know how to read Latin.

It wasn't offered in my school, but am working on it. I know enough to be able to read the translations in Damon Brands books and wonder if maybe he should get a partial refund from the person he had translate it for him. Oh well, we all start somewhere... ;)
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust is definitely the pick of the litter ~ Anon

NomenInspirata
Practicus

Post#22 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:30 pm

I do not say aboot I say about while you weirdos say aboat south of the border

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:35 pm

NomenInspirata wrote:I do not say aboot I say about while you weirdos say aboat south of the border

I have NEVER heard any American pronounce "about" as "aboat." Not even under the influence of narcotics or alcohol. Want me to start posting episodes of Letterkenny as an example of Canadian dialect? :D

NomenInspirata
Practicus

Post#24 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Meh we all know you whackos think we live in igloos and ride polar bears with our flapping heads and beady little eyes

Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#25 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 am

Maybe it was the US/Mexico boarder he was referring to.
And I thought it was the McKenzie Brothers that were the paragon of the Canadian accent.

Flapping heads?
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

NomenInspirata
Practicus

Post#26 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 am

South Park reference

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#27 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 am

Moonlit Hermit wrote:Maybe it was the US/Mexico boarder he was referring to.
And I thought it was the McKenzie Brothers that were the paragon of the Canadian accent.

Flapping heads?

Bob and Doug were pretty close, but from spending time in Windsor, ONT I can honestly say they sound like the guys from letterkenny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_201397&feature=iv&src_vid=ozDDYcyrCNE&v=_KLSbCtinXs