A Fresh Approach to New Avatar Power for 2017

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Pablo
Magister Templi

Re: A Fresh Approach to New Avatar Power for 2017

Post#11 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:57 pm

jeff grayhair wrote:Thanks Pablo.
Do you (or anybody) use the phonetically described pronounciation in NAP?I have heard other people pronounce the LBRP and other names in the rituals completley different from what Gray-Cobb laid down in the book.
I know it should not matter much since it is a matter of intent but damn I wish there was some kind of audio companion to correctly pronounce the phonetics.
When I hear someone pronounce AH-TAY in thier own words AH-TOH it throws me off somewhat.

For me to declare how to pronounce a word or oath would constitute a breaking of my oath. However I would urge your to experiment and find one that works for you. If he cosmos can understand mangled Yoruba? Cuban and Andalucian Spanish/ pig latin then it can understand mangled Hebrew! :D
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Sundrops
Practicus

Post#12 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:08 pm

I know hearing others pronounce words throws me off - even when it's one I've said thousands of times but they use a slightly different accent.

Well after renewed involvement with NAP, I've been working on correctly knowing which card is either black or red in a deck of cards. Small goal but I want to achieve it. I've gotten up to 70% guessed right but my average is more often between 55-60. An improvement, slightly, from when I started at about 45-50. Hoping to eventually get it to average around 80.

Radiant
Neophyte

Post#13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:48 pm

jeff grayhair wrote:Thanks Pablo.
Do you (or anybody) use the phonetically described pronounciation in NAP?I have heard other people pronounce the LBRP and other names in the rituals completley different from what Gray-Cobb laid down in the book.
I know it should not matter much since it is a matter of intent but damn I wish there was some kind of audio companion to correctly pronounce the phonetics.
When I hear someone pronounce AH-TAY in thier own words AH-TOH it throws me off somewhat.

You can look around this NAP forum; you will find some pronunciation guides.

lefty
Practicus

Post#14 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:54 pm

I think this is a good idea. Brother Moloch has posted in detail about how he's worked with the book and I think I'm going to follow that pretty closely, which is a change from what I was doing for a while.