A Fresh Approach to New Avatar Power for 2017

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

A Fresh Approach to New Avatar Power for 2017

Post#1 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:04 am

I wanted to know if anybody out there, like myself, is starting off this new year with a fresh approach to NAP.I have been working with this book off and on for the past few years with amazing results.I dont know why I havent been consistent with it since I know the book works but this new year here are my goals for New Avatar Power 2017:
Read the entire book cover to cover
Start a Book of Shadows with a thorough list of what I want to accomplish depending on what Spirit I utilize
Get more aquainted with Arzel during the Relaxation Ritual
Try to contact my Magic Mentor
Do the Central Pillar/Fountain Ritual without worrying if Im doing it right or if its taking too long therby diminishing the effect of the Spell etc.
Not be shy or bashful about using the protective/revenge spells in the back of the book
Do the uncrossing Ritual daily
Stop worrying about if and when results are gonna come.Just relax and say to myself "so mote it be" as the results say

So as anybody on board with me?

atreleo
Practicus

Re: A Fresh Approach to New Avatar Power for 2017

Post#2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:36 am

I'm interested. I got a copy of the book a few months ago, I've read it all, read the entire thread here, took notes, started doing some rituals but not much focused yet (so, of course, no results). I'm really interested in working more on NAP, I like its approach. So, a buddy to report to would definitely work as a motivation for me!

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#3 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:50 am

Jeff, if you're really worried about whether or not you're doing the middle pillar correctly, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUrrLaF5aUY. It's a recording of Dr. Regardie doing a complete talk through of the exercise. If you want, you can do it along with him a few times and that should convince you that you're doing it right.

I am dedicating the first 1/3 of the year on another working, so I can't work with you guys. Maybe after that, depending on where you guys are.
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust is definitely the pick of the litter ~ Anon

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:12 am

Thanks Wolf.
I actually have listened to the Isreal Regardie Central Pillar Induction.The only challenge is when I do it myself.The invocations without the Central Pillar are so short that my mind has less of an oppurtunity to wonder.Maybe a shot of warm whiskey might settle me down a little lol
NAP promotes itself as "quick and easy" magick but I am learning that its only "quick and easy" if you were to compare it to say,other forms of magick.
Im beginning to see that this takes more pre-planning than I realized and lots of concentration on my desired intention.This is why a journal will work so well for me so I can get all the junk out of my mind on paper.The author calls this my "book of shadows".
A confident, relaxed attitude wouldnt hurt either.Anxiety about whether Im doing this or that right is detrimental to this,I know for sure.

Sundrops
Practicus

Post#5 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 pm

I'd like to join you with this as well. I was looking at my bookshelf last night and the book seemed to pop out at me. Probably letting me know I'm being lazy lately. Lol I want to definitely work on the pendulum answering. That's the one part of the book I always get frustrated with and abandon so this year, I'm going to conquer it.

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#6 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:58 pm

Good luck with that.I never did pendelum work before.Some practitioners use a pendulum to make sure a Spirit is present.I basically want to keep it short and simple when Im not doing the Middle Pillar.When I proceed with that I want to be totally involved and in tune with whats going on.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Mmm......Ok.....So you do the uncrossing ritual every day (Or a banishing)?
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#8 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:48 am

Yes the uncrossing ritual is done before my rituals.I do it 3x for good measure.I do the LBRP before the rituals though.I know some say to do it after reaching Point A in the relaxation segment.I usually do everything lying down......
Hmmm you got me thinking....

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#9 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:55 pm

jeff grayhair wrote:Yes the uncrossing ritual is done before my rituals.I do it 3x for good measure.I do the LBRP before the rituals though.I know some say to do it after reaching Point A in the relaxation segment.I usually do everything lying down......
Hmmm you got me thinking....

Jeff try this on for size. Why not try to do the uncrossing once but try and due it with perfection. This is more of a martial arts approach but it is something that I strive for in my daily practices. Even if you get it not quite perfect the monsters will not get ya. I promise.

Have great day

Rgds

Pablo
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Post#10 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:35 am

Thanks Pablo.
Do you (or anybody) use the phonetically described pronounciation in NAP?I have heard other people pronounce the LBRP and other names in the rituals completley different from what Gray-Cobb laid down in the book.
I know it should not matter much since it is a matter of intent but damn I wish there was some kind of audio companion to correctly pronounce the phonetics.
When I hear someone pronounce AH-TAY in thier own words AH-TOH it throws me off somewhat.