Goetic Sigil Scans 1200dpi - download and print!

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
demonchimes

Goetic Sigil Scans 1200dpi - download and print!

Post#1 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:27 pm

I just found this on the web, no it's not my doing, it's an excellent idea though and it's a wonderful resource. A quote from the page:

"The Goetia, or Lemegeton Clavicula (The Lesser Key of Solomon the King, Clavicula Salomonis Regis), is part of a pseudoepigraphical work, i.e. claiming to be by someone (Solomon) but almost certainly nothing to do with Solomon. It probably dates from the 17th century, although it is based on texts at least as old as the 14th century. S. L. Mathers transcribed it into a more modern English, and copied (I think) the illstrations. There are 72 different demons described, each with one or sometimes two seals. I have scanned the seals (the first third or so at least, so far) at 1200dpi, because I could not find any acceptable scans on the Web. The designs of the seals are long out of copyright.

For the extracts I have used a combination of two versions that you can easily find online, and I have compared them to the 1995 edition edited by Hymenaeus Beta and published by Samuel Weiser; the text was published in the US in 1916, and is out of copyright, although that edition was probably not authorised by Crowley or Mathers. Since Crowley attributed the text to Mathers, however, who died in 1918, it is all out of copyright.

The sizes given for the seals are approximate: they do vary very slightly, since they were hand-made."

Wonderful! I, too, have long searched the web for decent scans of sigils, and never found any to be quite to my liking. Sigils from the Goetia, when found, are usually either altered from the original publication to look better, or with awful colors or other artwork added. There's something to be said about nice, large scans from the source.

Note: I added bold and italics to the quote above for emphasis. Again, please do not contact the site owner below thinking he or she is me, because he or she is not! I did not scan these seals and I do not run the site below, but I found this site to be worth posting here as the sigils are scanned nice and big for whatever wonderful use you may have for them. I know nothing about the particular site mentioned other than these scans, nor the site operator(s).

The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King (page 1/8) - nice large sigil scans!
http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Mathers-Goetia/

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login