What does the demon/spirit get out of working with us...

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

What does the demon/spirit get out of working with us...

Post#1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:14 pm

I wanted to start a new thread on this for people insights, opinions, etc as it's come up a couple of times elsewhere. I'll kick off with a reply StevenTymes made on another thread at: http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic ... =20#p27437

Steven Tymes wrote: If you've read some of my other posts, you will be aware that I don't make pacts with spirits. My view is that they work for me and I give them instructions with no suggestion of reward. This has always (over forty odd years) worked perfectly. So I'm always wondering what they get out of it. I have asked but don't really understand the answer. One theory is that by summoning them they get to experience our world. But you'd have to ask what sort of experience is it to be summoned and trapped inside a triangle for maybe an hour and then dismissed once they have their instructions.

When I "interviewed" the demon I evoked a few months ago (http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2558), I did ask him before posting if he found that kind of evocation problematic.

I evoked him by casting out for a being to help me with a specific kind of work, and he volunteered - the deal I made was to spread his name and I also, because of my general method of working with spirits, gave him some offerings as a thank-you gift.

He told me "Your right - fools beginning to make sense - doesn't offend. ["Your right" meaning both "you are correct" and "it is your right".]"

So if it is "our right" that would indicate it maybe goes beyond self-interest alone, and into the very nature of their being?

It seems by nature's law to be a lion's right to eat prey animals, for example - perhaps there is some cosmic reason we're given that right, maybe as a part of our own evolution, as an intrinsic part of the ecology of the spiritual landscape?

"Fools beginning to make sense" would indicate evocation is, as he saw it, good for us - going by his words and emeanour he doesn't consider humans more evolved, or somehow worthy of great respect as overlords.

Other input welcome!!!

I had a friend who had such good results from two or three goetic daemons that she decided they could hang around, if that's what they wanted. The total chaos and disruption to her life reached a climax in about six weeks. Then she did the dismissals and banishing!!!

:rofl That beats the idea of a reverse grimoire into a cocked hat - more like a reverse version of a Craigslist flatshare - with beings whose preferred domain is Hell! :lol:

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login