Goetia & Correspondences

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
picaro
Neophyte

Goetia & Correspondences

Post#1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 am

I'm curious what you all think about the various correspondences attributed to the Goetia (planets, decans, cardinal directions, Liber 777, etc). Do you take them into serious consideration? Do you find them to be important?

I haven't done many evocations and I've tried various ways to find the best results. I'm still not sure what my own opinion is at this time. I have had some strong evocations while playing loosely, but I sometimes wonder how different it might be if I were to stick to the correspondences. On the other hand I can't shake the thought that these are very old entities and have been in touch with humans since long before things were organized into various systems. I feel like you can fit anything into any system if you're clever enough and that maybe these systems are more to help people get into the right state of mind to interact with the spirits.

Agree? Disagree?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login