Dangers of dealing with Goetic spirits, worth the effort ?

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
SFT
Neophyte

Dangers of dealing with Goetic spirits, worth the effort ?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 am

After copious amounts of reading and very few actual experiences of the Goetic, I am rather perplexed as to the true nature of these fascinating spirits and their current popularity within the occult community. Granted, people have been dealing with said spirits for ages, and we are more knowledgeable about them due to the age of the internet.

Anyhoo's, I have heard many people have had some very negative experiences with Goetic spirits, there is the account in diabolical about a certain someone who attributed some very negative life experiences to the entities, there are also other accounts in various books and within the internets regarding it's dangers.

Granted, any magickal system has it's dangers, Goetic spirits are classed as demonic, which adds another dangerous element. Are people just being blinded by stupidity, is it lack of experience or are the Goetic spirits generally nasty things?

What has brought me to this avenue of thinking is that there are a lot of people working with Goetia here that seem to have very good experiences and still have their lives intact. Also, if there are inherent dangers in the system that cause loved ones to die and your life to go to crap, is it really worth the effort?.

Personally, I don't think that the Goetia is as bad as many have said, but on that note, no spirits should be meddled with or taken lightly. At the end of the day it comes down to common sense and respect, if you mess around with any creature, you are likely to get your arse kicked.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login