Best books to start with

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Gnosis
Zelator

Best books to start with

Post#1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 pm

I have purchased Modern Magick and am familiarizing myself with all the basic rituals like the LBRP etc.... I have been practicing them for a few months now, so am still a little ways before I actually attempt an evocation. I have also been brushing up on my skrying skills.

What are some good books to learn Goetia for a beginner. I have heard that Poke Runyon's Solomon's Magick and The Goetia of Dr. Rudd are great books to learn how to properly and safely perform goetia.

I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive to learn goetia because I didn't want to mess up my karma dabbing in thaumaturge, but if the Archangel Michael was the one that gave King Solomon the ring of power to control the daemons then I am guessing YHVH is okay with summoning daemons. Even the Qu'ran has evidence that God gave Solomon power over the Jinn, BUT it's what we do with the magick that makes it good or bad.

The Jinn don't seem to be evil, like dualistic religions say, but they have free will like us to do as they please, for good or ill, where as the Enochian angels seem to be interested in only doing the will of YHVH.

No matter what, I vow that I will approach this system with great respect as to not abuse the system, as karma has a way of rebounding upon ones self. I mainely want to use this system to get things done when I have exhausted all other avenues. I heard the Enochian angels are not too keen on performing requests, they are more into giving knowledge.
"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge, I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there" - Confucius

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login