A journal of an Abramelin working

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
ShumDuddering
Neophyte

A journal of an Abramelin working

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am

Right, so it's my intention to attempt the Abramelin ritual as detailed in the Dehn translation of the Book of Abramelin. This has been some time in the making, and it may be yet more time until I've kicked it off in earnest. I hope to journal about it here as a record for both myself and for others who may be interested. Though this would not be my "main" journal. What I'm envisioning would be just a kind of general accounting every now and then, nothing too regimented. Perhaps nothing too too detailed. But I hope to create something of use here for others.

I don't want to make a big long entry here at this time, mostly because I feel tired at the moment. I've meant to create this thread for a short while and so figured now's as good a time as any. Though I guess I'll say a few things of note:

1. I'm happy to have moved on from mere research. I'd say I'm in the final stages of a preparative phase; I feel eager to get started, but there are a few key things left to handle.

2. On that note of learning, I should say I consider myself a beginner. However the Abramelin ritual seems a good place for a beginners--at least that is my view.

3. While the plan is to dig into the Dehn version of the book and follow it closely within reason, it seems like the ritual's already taken on its own particular form for this particular situation; this time, this place, this person, it may indeed prove different from Abraham's reported experience/design/etc. The things that have come together already--things that I feel are more fitting to this time--seem guided. I don't want to worry about it too much. I guess, since this will be posted in the grimoire section for now, that this means I'm taking a liberal stance toward the grimoire; though I mean to follow the "spirit" of the text if that makes sense.

4. I do not know what the HGA is.

I suppose that's it for now. Thank you.

This topic has 54 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login