4 Kings - Trithemius Table

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Asahel
Philosophus

4 Kings - Trithemius Table

Post#1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Not sure if this topic should be here or on the Planetary & Angels forum, but here it goes:

Every [pseudo]Trithemian Table of Practice I've seen so far (Ashen Chassan, Rufus Opus etc) interprets the position of the 4 kings on the inside ring. Or maybe they just inspired each other.

This is the original text:

but on the table on which the crystal stands the following names, characters, &c. must be drawn in order.

First, The names of the seven planets and angels ruling them, with their seals or characters. The names of the four kings of the four corners of the earth. Let them be all written within a double circle, with a triangle on a table; on which place the crystal on its pedestal: this being done, thy table is complete

Now, I'm not a native English speaker, and I might have some difficulty interpreting, but...does "first" really mean outside?

Trithemius starts describing the table setup from the middle, not from the outside in, so "first...the names of the seven planets and angels ruling them" should, perhaps, be placed on the inside ring, and the names of the 4 Kings on the outside, to make the four corners of the design. And that would still make the 7 archangels "first" on the table, and closer to access for the magician.

Which would be more in alignment with this view of the universe:

corners.JPG

picture source

What do you guys think?
Nullius in verba.

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login