HAGITH presides over things ascribed to Venus. Whoever is dignified with his character, he makes most beautiful, and adorned with all attractiveness. He instantly turns copper into gold, and gold back into copper. He gives spirits which will faithfully serve those to whom they are devoted. He has 4000 legions of spirits, and for every thousand he puts in charge rulers for the appointed times. (Joseph H. Peterson's translation)
On the day of Venus, in the hour of Venus, I grabbed Petersen's version of the Arbatel (for the sigil) and my magic notebook and went on my balcony. Some time prior I had thought about what to talk about. My main aim was just to say "hello", this being, to my knowledge, our first conversation.
I selected and lighted a stick of Patchouly incense and sat down in my deck chair. I checked my astra-mental condition and decided I did not need to change it. I drew the sigil from the book with pencil in my notebook, repeating their name a couple of times mentally, and again, as with Ophiel, a channel was established pretty much instantly.
Here's what I remember from our conversation and my perceptions:
They are neither female nor male as we understand it. But their qualities are leaning towards the female and magnetic side, as you would expect from a Venus spirit.
They have a smooth and relaxed personality.
Their relationship to Mercury/Ophiel: it is a comfortable and compatible one, though not passionate. They are never very far from each other in their transitory alignments (i.e. in their journey around the zodiac).
Upon my request they infused me with a suitable portion of their personality.
The whole conversation was highly amiable and pleasant.
Interestingly enough the channel stayed open afterwards in the hour of Mercury, as I went outside to run some errands:
In the supermarket they played a song, and I was pretty much instantly told by Hagith that they put it on for me since it matches their character. It was "Dreadlock Holiday" by 10cc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNTk5xsxk4
They told me that Venus is very, very powerful in Taurus (reminder: it's about to enter Taurus in roughly 10 days).
Now for the most interesting part. They encourage everyone to talk to them (and then possibly about them), even if it's just for a couple of minutes to say hello. You do not need any special equipment or ritual, just the name and sigil, and pencil and paper. Incense is good and nice, but not necessary. It's best, but not necessary, to do it on a Friday in the hour of Venus (check here: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp ) as it will make contact easier.
You don't need the Arbatel book, just the sigil:
Instructions in sequence, summed up:
- Think about what you want to ask or say. Think about what you associate with Venus (brush up on your knowledge on the net or in books as needed). [optional]
- Light some incense associated with Venus (e.g. Patchouly, Jasmine, Vanilla) [optional]
- Find and choose an appropriate time (day and/or hour of Venus, link to calculator website above) [optional]
- Get somewhere comfortable and quiet. Listen to inner guidance.
- Check whether you're relaxed in mind and body. If not, take steps to get there (e.g. take some conscious breaths).
- Memorize the sigil, print it out or draw it by hand on a piece of paper so you can copy it in the next step.
- Slowly draw their sigil in a notebook or a piece of paper, calling out the name "Hagith" in your mind.
- Observe what happens in your body and mind. For example, you might feel an energy in your body or room that hasn't been there before.
If you are reading this post that means you're qualified and able to do this.
If you do this then it would be nice to hear about your experiences afterwards.
Any questions left? Fire away.