Surgat Talisman

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

Surgat Talisman

Post#1 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 am

I am getting ready to do a project involving Surgat, a spirit from the True Grimoire, and I have decided to make part of the process a discussion on the forum. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I am moving forward on a long term project that has been simmering on the back burner for a while. Of course I won’t make everything public but I’ll write out some of the details on how my thinking runs and some of the decisions I make. Feel free to comment, question, or contradict me.

The idea for the Surgat talisman came to me a couple of years ago when I first started working with him. The inspiration was the spell given in the second section of the True Grimoire.

XIII
To Open Anything that is Shut or Locked
Take a lodestone and make the sign of St Andrews cross 3 times. Above the wand and around the stone make a circle, within the circle make a square and at all the angles put the sigil of Surgatha and around the circle put 4 branches of the lunar plant and while holding the stone say piously in a low voice these words over it:
BESCHAT, SURGATHA, MENAIC, REMISCHAT, REGADAMER and CHIRMUTS.
And afterwards cover everything with lead filings.
If you carry this lodestone on you or before you, and if you place it before all closed or locked things they will quickly open!

After reading this I had a vision of its form and drew this sketch.

IMG_1697.jpg

It was an idea I drew and then put down for a couple of years. I hadn’t forgotten it but I wasn’t sure how to proceed. In the meanwhile I talked with Surgat a few times and have learned many things about his nature and the ways to work with him. It’s been a year since I’ve had my first conversation with Surgat and in that time I’ve made some artwork in Surgat’s honor and I tried some unsuccessful attempts at making the talisman. It wasn’t until I saw a piece by Loagaeth here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14538 that I was inspired to revisit the Surgat talisman. I contacted her about making a commission for me to match the idea I had sketched. And though she has posted a photo of my box on another thread here it is again.

IMG_1695.jpg

The little horns will be folded down to seal the box after I've put all the necessary ingredients inside.
So now I have the box and now I must proceed on to the later parts of making the talisman to “open anything that is shut or locked” specifically and to the honor of Surgat generally. I am going to use this thread to describe my decisions and my process.
Feel free to add as you will.
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

This topic has 65 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login