Mozle's Mirror

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Loagaeth
Adeptus Minor

Mozle's Mirror

Post#1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Hey guys! So I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot, but it was inspired by the grimoires, so I thought I would put it in the grimoire subforum. Please move it if you think it would be better elsewhere!

I just wanted to make a post to finally show you guys my magnum opus of college metalsmithing, which was a small box containing a miniature ritual scene.

I based this on scrying and spirit conjuring, with the most recognizable part being the triangle with a black mirror set on the inside of the lid. Down in the bottom of the box is a tiny altar which holds an incense cone, and a magickal circle of protection before the altar. Inside of the magickal circle of protection I set a handmade cabochon made from my own hair in acrylic. The idea behind this was that it was not me, but a symbol of me, set within the circle. My hope was that even without having a circle around my physical body I would still be protected if I were to ever use this box for spirit communication, since a miniature link to myself was protected. It was to be like my own little world of evocation. It may not work the way I intended it, but I thought it was a fun idea none the less.

The box was made as a grand gesture to my spirit familiar, an entity who functions as an intermediary between me and other beings and just generally helps with rituals. His seal, drawn from a sigil rose, is on the outside lid of the box with a lovely faceted rainbow moonstone where his name begins. This scrying box was made from solid silver with a working hinge, catch, and little silver feet to lift it from the table. I'm proud to say that everything was made from scratch with the exception of the incense cone. I even made my own mirror! All writing was hand stamped and the circle of protection has an engraved sigil of my tutelary angel.

Anyway, I'm done bragging now. I've just been waiting on these pictures to come back to me and couldn't wait to post it.

Thanks for looking! :)
You and me and the Devil makes three.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login